• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lord of Hunger from Hong Kong

ivantam303

Greetings all... My name is Ivan from the Hong Kong Garrison!! So me and one of my fellow member decided to get outselves a Revan and Nihilus from MWA. We just paid the deposit today, very excited indeed!

Since Im getting myself the Nihilus costume from MWA, Im aware that I need to construct the belt, get the proper gloves and boots. I also noticed from one of the threads that I need to request for a 2nd tunic (any extra cost?) So my question is are there anymore tweaks to be made in order to get approval?

Im also dying for the Saber... Ive been wondering in UltraSabers is the one there decent? Thanks all!

Edited by ivantam303

Very good choice!

As to your list I don't think so. The only things that come to mind are boots, gloves and belt.

I'd mail him asap and let him know about the inner /outer tunic.i think the cost is minimal

Edited by Amidala

Very good choice!

As to your list I don't think so. The only things that come to mind are boots, gloves and belt.

I'd mail him asap and let him know about the inner /outer tunic.i think the cost is minimal

Thank you!! Mailed him already and got the tunic ordered!!! Got words tht it will be ready go ship on the 1st of September, reli excited! I got my boots and gloves ready and belt constructed! Cant wait to rock it!

Since the nihilus is almost ready, I began to work on the belt...

Got the leather belt cut to the right width and length... I got the studs ordered quite a while and its time to use them

51fc26eca313b282acff06b8bbfe2e6b.jpg

Punch!!! ANNNNNNDD ITS DONE

b1653107caba598bd48d2e45ca1823e3.jpg

cd56792fdf480904ac87437d75b5494b.jpg

Seems ok... So I move on to the snaps (Instead of a buckle)

Made three snaps for room adjustment

110f6e412f2f79d0b1d50ec9518af201.jpg

Fits perfectly!

b9cfb7eafb641d133a13fb6a347cf3a3.jpg

Painted the studs black, annd its done for now!!:)

Let me know if it is a correct belt!

a06a45fcb7117e5281330c3b2aed06dc.jpg

Good thing you put in extra snaps because there will be 4-6 layers around your waist before the belt goes on, depending on whether your skirts are worn above or below the waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good thing you put in extra snaps because there will be 4-6 layers around your waist before the belt goes on, depending on whether your skirts are worn above or below the waist.

Thats what I feared, Im VERY thin but I think those cloths are gonna make me "fat" a bit lol

I got in contact with Iggy on FXsabers to build me the Nihilus saber hilt... and its coming along brilliantly... Cant wait at all!

b086b83b76bb17357167b5a1d1dd4d94.jpg

Nice! He makes a quality hilt. Looks similar to mine but mine is just slightly different from the art.

Nice! He makes a quality hilt. Looks similar to mine but mine is just slightly different from the art.

I guess I know which one you are talking about!! Yes I was given the option to choose from 3 styles of hilt and I went for the original one haha He's surely a great guy and keeps you posted on the updates!

23a67d29635337876ad6498c9e7a08aa.jpg

f09a3023dd9e63cbdae9a05ce96cd379.jpg

the saber is pure evil... I was blown away by the beauty and details simply looking at the photos... And its ready to ship to my home

Almost blinded myself the first time I turned one on from Iggy. That's a crazy powerful light inside.

• Like 1

TODAY MY NIHILUS ARRIVED!!!!!

ROBS STUFF IS TOTALLY AMAZING!!!

eb9894f765bc186a54b85efb07f88cdf.jpg8cbde6de8dae3a08685c0d782c8c3fd6.jpg59bf97fa65ccf70dcb68de9e00de3525.jpg

Totally easy to wear and amazing details... luckily my belt fits perfectly and It really looks amazing.. gonna hand some photos to my GML now!

663907890cca2798378d1317ed1cc5bd.jpg

• Like 1

Nice fit! The only adjustment I would make is to get an Under Armour or similar fabric balaclava to cover up the neck and your cheeks as they often peek out of the mask.

Another would be if the skirts are difficult to walk with you can fold the belt loop and sew it over again to make walking easier. People tend to step on my beautiful dress.

• Like 1

Looks great on you! But it looks like you are wearing the skirt wrong. I don't see an opening in the middle for you to walk easily. Did you just wrap it around yourself? If so you're supposed to put a regular belt through the loops located on the top of the skirt. You'll have to scrunch the fabric to fit the belt through all that fabric. Also, yes to trying to make the skirt "shorter" for your safety and to getting a balaclava

• Like 1

Nice fit! The only adjustment I would make is to get an Under Armour or similar fabric balaclava to cover up the neck and your cheeks as they often peek out of the mask.

Another would be if the skirts are difficult to walk with you can fold the belt loop and sew it over again to make walking easier. People tend to step on my beautiful dress.

Thank you so much for the advice!! I guess I will get a balaclava in no time... and yes the skirts.. They made a mess on my floor cuz I was stepping on my own dress as well...lol

Should be an easy fix!!

Looks great on you! But it looks like you are wearing the skirt wrong. I don't see an opening in the middle for you to walk easily. Did you just wrap it around yourself? If so you're supposed to put a regular belt through the loops located on the top of the skirt. You'll have to scrunch the fabric to fit the belt through all that fabric. Also, yes to trying to make the skirt "shorter" for your safety and to getting a balaclava

Exactly!! I was confused about the skirt so I just wrapped it around and walking is impossible...lol Thank you for your tips and Ill try fitting again later!

No problem at all. I must admit I had the same issue myself which is why I noticed it right away.

May I ask how much you paid for your lightsaber?

I started the saber hilt project with Iggy at FX-Saber forum like around a month ago. Iggy can build the saber for you according to all your preferences ( which hilt design, lithium battery or AA, blade or no blade, soundboard or not.etc)

Since I was low on budget and I had a Saberforge saber previously, I asked for a stunt saber hilt with LED but no sound effects and blade (saberforge blade will do) and its $225 USD (250 for lithium battery as I recall)

He is a great guy to deal with and he will definitely keep you posted on the updates and every minor details!!! Im quitely waiting for the saber to arrive now ;)

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks for the details.

You are welcome! One more question about the skirt, CRL mentioned about 2 layer of skirt. If I opened it in the middle will it look like just one layer of skirt? Or is there a proper way to wear it? Ill be back home tmr to try it on again!

Sorry for the late response. If you look at the skirt there should be a smaller part of it going around so that when you put it on correctly it acts as the second skirt needed. There's the long skirt part, the part that reaches the floor, and a shorter skirt part that should just reach your thighs/knees. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sorry for the late response. If you look at the skirt there should be a smaller part of it going around so that when you put it on correctly it acts as the second skirt needed. There's the long skirt part, the part that reaches the floor, and a shorter skirt part that should just reach your thighs/knees. Hopefully that makes sense.

Great I guess I know what you mean!! Maybe I didnt reli take a good look at my skirt when I first tried it on lol... Thanks for the info!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

4b7c3bee34e59935a6cb30cbdeaa2741.jpg

Tried it again today with my Revan friend... Much more manuverable after wearing the skirt correctly!!! :D

How do you Nihiluses out there submit photos for approval? Like what kinda details do you need for the GML?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

• Like 1

All the photos on my first post over on my thread are my submission pics. Include front and side views of your boots as well.

It doesn't have to be poolside but it must have good lighting outdoors and include close-up detail shots of fabric for gloves, tunics (showing you have 2 of them), skirts (showing you have 2 of them), boots (showing they are plain), sleeves (showing they have a ridged pattern), detail on weathering, and your masks.

• Like 1