• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller W.I.P.

SteveAsaurus

I'm calling this a WIP thread but the truth is I'm not quite ready to start. Yet :)

I'm currently working on a Republic Commando. And now 2 years, 2 job changes, a long distance relationship and an engagement later I'm almost done! Final coat of paint and some weathering then approval :)

I have had such fun working on the RC I am already starting to plan my next project. And since my fiancé is kicking around the idea of Juno Eclipse, I thought a Starkiller would be pretty cool!

I had the Training Gear in mind but wasn't too thrilled that I would have to cut my hair. Then I saw the Desert Gear and my jaw hit the floor! The few threads I have seen have been incredible. Props to those guys!

I'm doing my homework and trying to find plenty of reference pictures. And I want to try to make the helmet myself and have found a pep file for a Sith Stalker helmet in a RPF thread.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Am I safe to assume the trophy lightsabers on the different variations would stay the same? They would be the Shaak Ti, Rham Kota, Kazdan, Maul, Vader and Galen Marek hilts?

I question the "Shaak Ti" usage, as I have yet to find any reference pics that he wears this hilt at all, and no one else (as of yet) has been able to show it to me either.

Hilts I use: Galen Marek, Kota, Kazdan, Maul, Vader, Sith Stalker 

These are the best pics I found and it appears your right Yankee, no Shaak Ti. I only see Maul, Vader on the back. Kota on the left. Kazdan on the right. Marek on the front. And the one in his hand. 484bfb6bddf5d7ab1d0dd57dbaa97886.jpgdb6a827470fec6af91d8fc5474104d3d.jpg

So I'm thinking about making the helmet and have found a pep file on the RPF fourms. This will be my first attempt at pepakura, any advice? All the reading material and videos I have found said you can use regular paper or card stock. I'm assuming card stock is better?

Shaak Ti died falling and had her lightsaber in her hand. If need be, I can show you a screen shot of it. :)

I have seen YouTube video's of the fight, so I know what you are talking about.  Also no one can show me any source pictures where starkiller is wearing that lightsaber on his belt.

I was trying to get the CRL to be updated, to be more accurate, and to help the next person who came along and wanted to make this costume.  It appears that there is not enough interest to update the CRL, so I made my starkiller post as accurate as I could, to try to help any others who were interested in building this costume, 

I'm going to headcanon it and say it's because Shaak'Ti isn't dead and is still using her saber! Also, I have not seen any posts pertaining to the CRL update of the sabers, but if there is no actual reference to him having her saber, I support the change to CRL to as accurate as we can have it!

I'm going to headcanon it and say it's because Shaak'Ti isn't dead and is still using her saber! Also, I have not seen any posts pertaining to the CRL update of the sabers, but if there is no actual reference to him having her saber, I support the change to CRL to as accurate as we can have it!

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1918-starkiller-dark-lords-armor-hoth/page-2

page 2 about 1/4 of the way down the page right around talking about how the skirt is in 3 parts and not in 4 parts, there was a discussion about getting certain things in the CRL updated for this costume with the XO.

Then it was discussed that about 1/3 of the items for this costume, are not even listed in the CRL.  If you just used what was listed in the CRL, this costume would look rather incomplete.

Then on page 3 about 3/4 of the way down starting with the Helmet I start to point out errors in the CRL, missing items in the CRL, and questions about the CRL.

Then on Page 4 about 1/3 of the way down, I start to talk about the trophy hilts, and that there are only 5 worn hilts, and Shaak'Ti hilt should not be listed in the CRL.

In the Game Shaak'Ti dies, falling into a pit, with her lightsaber in hand.  Anything could explain how Starkiller got the hilt some how and was wearing it, but there are no graphic I have found or that anyone can show me, that shows starkiller wearing her saber as one of his trophy hilts.

I had a hell of a time with this costume, with the CRL being off, missing 1/3 of the Items, and discrepancies in how the costume should look in comparison to what the CRL is showing vs Reference pics.

Edited by Yankee71