• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Custom Saber Project

Guest Cleverlilminx

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
If you want more info PM me.

Rayvenhorizdark.jpg

Rayvenvertdark.jpg

I also have two of these exact same sabers, plus about a half dozen other sabers made by the same artist and I can attest to the quality of his work.

Feel free to PM me for more info

Guest Anonymous

Well, because the in game pics leave a lot to be desired, I went ahead with a little artistic licence. Does anyone think I would hit problems with clearance using this as Revan's Saber:

stevejacksonrevansaberdu7.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous
Well, because the in game pics leave a lot to be desired, I went ahead with a little artistic licence. Does anyone think I would hit problems with clearance using this as Revan's Saber:

Actually there's quite a bit of good reference to the (KOTOR I/II) Revan saber that should be able to help a great deal. You might want to try the gallery with the game captures, etc. As far as approval I'd think there would be a bit of an issue.

A saber is NOT mandatory (at this time) for approval. Here's the CRL excerpt:

A Darth Revan Costume Should Have:

(These costume elements are highly recommended, but are not required.)

*snip*

Lightsaber(s):

* If portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic, a single lightsaber should be used. The blade must be red.

* If portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, two lightsabers should be carried. If bladed, one blade should be red, and the other should be purple.

* The lightsaber(s) should resemble the sabers used by Revan as much as possible.

* Unmodified FX sabers or sabers that are recognizable as belonging to another known character are not accepted.

* A Revan lightsaber's midsection is silver, with the emitter head and back pommel sections showing gold or brass in color.

That being said....naturally the closer the better....but IMO, no, it wouldn't prevent you from membership based on the current CRL.

Guest Anonymous

The images from the video games are pretty close. This isn't the best image, but this is a shot of Darth Revan's Saber taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia from Aug 2008. It shows a tiny bit more specific detail on the saber. Hope you find it useful.

PC120008-1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions for Revans Saber? Really just need to know the length and width of it.

Thanks

Guest deogeo
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions for Revans Saber? Really just need to know the length and width of it.

Thanks

Well saber widths / diameters normally range from 1.25 - 1.5 inches for the most part. What you'd be best doing is finding out the diameter of the parts you are getting to build it and then doing the calculations using the image of Revan's saber to work out the length of each piece.

its a saber from LDM customs http://www.ldmcustomsabers.com/

the sabersmith is absolutely incredable, he does awesome work and he is on the ball when it comes to customer support. there were certain days were him and i went back and forth via emals for days. he is a strait up dude. my saber is a custom job with a full functional sound board. they type of board that i have is called " i have no freaking clue " lolol im going to have to check with him about that. he does take commissions from customers, but the last time i checked he was booked up. i was lucky cause he a had a few left over from his kotor runs and i just put my own tweek and polish to it. after i did receive the saber i did add my own little touch to it. nothing to crazy. when it comes to the price he works off different scales depending on the the build. it ran me a couple of bills but it was worth every penny. i really dont plan on buying any other saber, this was my one and only. so spending the dough was worth it. ill post an updated pic tomorrow

I know this isn't a For Sale post... but I know how hard accurate sabers are to come by. I bought two Revan Saber hilts from Wesley Peck for $300 each, plus shipping. I can sell them to you guys for $290 each (shipped), if you are interested.

I haven't used them yet, but I would rather put that money into my TK build. Especially if someone else can use them. :) If no one can use them, no big deal; I just wanted to offer it.

revans_zps576b7617.jpg

The hilts are as accurate to the "Darth Revan" saber in the Jedi Vs Sith book as possible, as seen below:

revansaber_zpsf7933857.png

The bottom of the hilt is threaded for inserting electronics. There are hidden sound holes between the hilt main body and pommel.. you can only see them from a few inches away at the right angle. The hilt also comes with a KOTOR style knob, which can be screwed into the hilt (it needs drilling and tapping), and a Covertech belt clip knob (already tapped).

They are brushed aluminum with weathering. They are ready to be built into a fully functional saber.

Here is another photo from KOTOR 2 cinematic, which shows more detail to the saber hilt than most in-game shots:

KOTORIICinematicRevanSaber_zps4c99da4a.png

They are brushed aluminum with weathering. He said the colors last may years of regular handling.

I friggin wish... I'm locked into a deposit and half-down already for my stuff or I'd take you up on it. That is a nice option.

Are there LEDs and/or threading for a blade?

I friggin wish... I'm locked into a deposit and half-down already for my stuff or I'd take you up on it. That is a nice option.

Are there LEDs and/or threading for a blade?

No worries; I felt that way for awhile with some of my armor too. Thought about cancelling order, but didn't want to lose the deposit. Stinks doesn't it? :(

It's just an empty hilt. No threading; just a set screw in the blade holder. No LEDs, but Luxeon LEDs are fairly simple to install. If you like this better (don't know if you do or not), you could always buy this one and resell yours once it is complete... or have two different versions. ;)

Not a bad idea, though tomorrow I start Terminal Leave from the Air Force and am still working oKobejobsn a job offer/planning to move so funds are on hold for now.

Nice!! Look at navy air too. :) Just sold both hilts.

Not a bad idea, though tomorrow I start Terminal Leave from the Air Force and am still working on a job offer/planning to move so funds are on hold for now.

Oooo Terminal Leave = a huge life changing event. GL with the transition. Then again you were in the Air Force so.... I don't guess it is much of a transition to civilian live :P Seriously though GL. I'm planning now for my retirement in about a 1 1/2 years.

I drove a desk successfully during my time in.

Currently awaiting the reciprocation of my clearance before getting my official offer of employment. Looks like I might be moving back 2 hours south to my hometown to do the job I want, which I've put in apps all over the country for.