• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Em's Treya......

Guest Emerita

Guest Emerita

ok, I have submitted my Darth Treya to Thomas and I am waiting for him to say yea or nay......but here is a preview ..... I am still tweaking the headpiece and have made modifications that make it fit better. It looks pointy in the pics so I downscaled the point to look more like the reference picture. For some reason, my camera makes the wig look shiny....

070408_103200-1.jpg

trey7.jpg

TreyaBelt063b.jpg

Good afternoon Susan,

I am afraid there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I am no longer the acting Legion Membership Officer. LCO Fordham "refreshed" most of his cabinet this year, including my office. The current 501st LMO is Rhonda Brown.

LMO Brown has stated that she is not as versed in matters of Expanded Universe costuming and does in fact look to Detachment Leadership for consultation. In this way, our very capable DL Pam Simpson would be the person to officially support your Darth Traya's approval.

Having Demon's green light is a significant plus. Forsooth, I think her backing is the most important one could hope for in getting a Darth Traya approved in the Legion. And really, there's no nicer being to work with.

As far as my opinion--for what it is worth--PM your address. You get a prize. (I'd be disappointed if you don't already know what it is.)

I'd recommend natural, post-noon, non-flash photography. Also a sabre, or three.

Levitating_lightsabers.jpg

Darth Traya's sabre model render, KOTOR II;

normal_saber%2Brenders%2Bsingle%2Bblade%2B1.jpg

If I were to critique, I suggest a more natural looking fabric for version two of the robe. This one looks synthetic and while the cut works just fine, the real life feel is missing. But that alone does not stop your outfit from working for me. You have my backing--again for what it is worth.

Good luck, and welcome aboard.

Thomas

Guest Emerita

Thanks Thomas, Yeah, my camera flash really made it shine. I am losing more weight, so a second robe will definitely be in the works.... I should have taken some outside shots for natural light.... I sent the pictures on the Rhonda and a pm to you.......Very excited about my prize!!!!!

Em....looks great! I was hoping it turned out as well as it has....good job.

As for the pix....if you can get an overcast day and take them ~12-2p...that'd be ideal. The color temperature would be a little "cooler" (around 6000-6300K) and still get great lighting.

Beautiful! Here I was feeling bummed that several girls who'd said they were going to make Traya costumes never came through, and then one that I didn't even know about snuck right up with a job well done!

I agree with the suggestions that have been made so far. You've got a terrific costume, and it sounds like you already know as well as the rest of us that costume "tweaking for improvement" is a continuous process. My main suggestion would be to weather the belt a bit if you can. It looks brand-new shiny, rather than something that has been worn for a while.

When Rhonda reviews your costume, I will be happy to support it. It looks to me like you've hit the standards spot-on. (Of course, if you want to really ensure my approval, rumor has it that ice cream is a very effective way to bribe me!)

Pam :-)

(Of course, if you want to really ensure my approval, rumor has it that ice cream is a very effective way to bribe me!)

But no paying off the bribe b4 D*C...gotta stay on that Talon diet :-P

Those scaleras look like they hurt

Guest Emerita
ooooh,love that you have the sclera lenses aswell!

Thanks, they are my daughter's. They don't fit me very well. They don't hurt at all because I wear contacts all the time, but they are a little big for me and they moved around and I was afraid they would fall out. I am going to my eye doctor in 2 weeks and get measured for some that fit me.....hopefully I'll have them before DC. I was hoping my daughter's would fit me..All of her other "decorator " ones do....lol.....

Guest Emerita
Beautiful! Here I was feeling bummed that several girls who'd said they were going to make Traya costumes never came through, and then one that I didn't even know about snuck right up with a job well done!

I agree with the suggestions that have been made so far. You've got a terrific costume, and it sounds like you already know as well as the rest of us that costume "tweaking for improvement" is a continuous process. My main suggestion would be to weather the belt a bit if you can. It looks brand-new shiny, rather than something that has been worn for a while.

When Rhonda reviews your costume, I will be happy to support it. It looks to me like you've hit the standards spot-on. (Of course, if you want to really ensure my approval, rumor has it that ice cream is a very effective way to bribe me!)

Pam :-)

Thank you..... Yeah I read here somewhere that a couple of other gals were going to do her. I have been wanting to do Traya for 2 years, but just never did, until my padawan did Nihilus and he thought my being Traya would make us a good pair at DC....so I got busy..... Took a long time, but it was fun...... now the Tweaking is proving to be as much fun as designing the whole thing.....lol...

I am taking everyone's constructive thoughts and tweaking ....I will be making a different belt ......hopefully I'll get done before DC..... I am heading over to Tandy leather this weekend.

We'll talk about the ice-cream at DC... I know there is a couple of Ice cream parlors in the food court....... :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Emerita,

I hope I spelled that correctly. I am working on doing a Darth Traya as we speak.

I have been going to the seamstress for several weeks now, as she is having to design the pattern, but we are about finished with the Robe.

My husband is a truck driver and only gets home for about two days every 10-14 days. He got home tonight and is working on making my belt now.

I have met Demon and she has been a really big help in helping me to get things done.

I haven't started the Head Dress yet. My question is: Does the loops that go around the "Braids," connected to the rest of the head piece?

What did you make yours out of and any ideas that you could give me would be great.

I have never did a costume before, but my kids are official in the 501st and we are from The Alpine Garrison out of Salt lake City, Utah. Our group is the Mustafar Squad, from Idaho Falls, Idaho.

My grandson has been wanting me to do this costume for quite a while now, so I am very excited to get it finished.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

You can email me at io719_jms@yahoo.com

Between you and Demon's help I should be able to get this finished. I hope to have it done by August 2nd. I need to get some money to D to get my wig from her dealer.

It is very exciting to see that someone else has done Traya, as my son keeps telling me, "That when I Troop, that, I am going to have to tell people who I am." I don't care about that. I just think that Traya is so cool and her and i have a lot in common. lol

Very nice to meet you, and by the way I am not a young chick either. I will be 58 years old later this week. Do you think I am too old to be doing this? lol

Thanks so much,

Judy

Guest Anonymous
I'm impressed with that great work. Its a costume I could never pull off. I got too much guard in my blood.

not really a quote but I like the imp guard look thought of doing it too, But Im just afraid if I do it I will look like the emperors Teletubby :D

Guest Emerita

WooHoo !!!

I'm offical !!!! Thank you to everyone that put in a good word !!!! I guess rubbing my Traya that Thomas gave me actually brought me good luck!!!

Guest Emerita

Just got the notification this morning. I am a Detachment Member!!!!! I never realized that doing a costume I love would put me in touch with the greatest people that also love EU....and if it wasn't for my Jedi Padawan Blkwolf, I would have never fallen in love with Traya two years ago when he started his Nihilus. After seeing Demon's Traya, I didn't know if I could live up to the image.....but thanks to everyone's encouragement , I took on the task.....and then to get one of Thomas's Traya's was the icing on the cake.......I am so honored to be a part of this group.... and being older does have its advantages...I don't have to add the wrinkles ..... :wink: