• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Non EU (Yet?) Costume Question

Kylo

I dont even know if this is in the right place, please move tis board or tell me where to put it if its not

Dark Jedi

Where do these guys fall? Ive just poped open my lovely Book of the Sith (Ive been searching for as many refs of these guys as i can for a month now) and BAM theres a ton more images of what I have been seeking.

In a nut shell its a Jedi Robe (Blacks and Chocolate) with a RED Lightsaber.

I am NOT a member of the 501st (yet) I have just completed my costume today, but now I want to know. Is there any reason why someone cant do a Black/Dark Brown Jedi costume with a red saber (thats NOT Anakin)? I would be FINE with being the Guinea pig, being the person with the overly picked at costume. I sew because I like the challenge not mediocrity! :)

Heres what I speak of...

Wikipedia

"Dark Jedi, also known as "Fallen" Jedi, were Force-sensitives, frequently former Jedi, who chose to deny the light side of the Force and/or follow the dark side. Although "Dark Jedi" originally referred to a Jedi who had fallen to the dark side, it could also refer to uninitiated Force-sensitives who received no Jedi training but began their careers under another Dark Jedi. "

Images

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Jed ... r_TotG.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Jed ... _Burst.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Jedi

I know "Dark Jedi" Is a term used for a number of Sith (and a number of EU Costumes already approved) What I am mainly asking about is the costume as a "whole" not a specific character, like Starkiller or Revan (both considered dark jedi)

"A person in Dark Jedi attire with a Red Lightsaber"

Is what I want I would LOVE to do

:)

Thank you for ANY help!

The 501st only does LFL approved characters. There is another costume club called The Dark Empire and they allow custom sith or bad guy characters. With that being said if you want to do the costume then do it!

There is a guy locally that has done his own custom sith costume and it looks awesome!

DSC_0032-S.jpeg

I LOVE it,he looks fantastic!!

Got ya, and yep the references I have are LFL. =)

SWTOR and The Book of the Sith are the refrences I have (or have leads to) thus far

I am familiar with the clubs, great folks, but if I can find "3 references" OR 1 turn around "IN GAME" of a "person wearing Jedi Robes with a Black Lightsaber" and it fits within EU.

It would be EU approved right??

Or is that ONLY a Rebel Legion rule?

It has to be the EXACT same costume as well right??

Not "guy in ALMOST the same Jedi robes" as the three other refs

I am trying to be as clear as possible, I just like to learn as much as I can and not get mixed up.

Thank you!

These are from Book of the Sith

20130610_074522_zps65643864.jpg

20130610_074451_zps5135fab2.jpg

Also when you say

LFL approved characters

Does Ajunta Pall (the person depicted in the pictures above) count as a appropriable Flagship character?

Guest kimballk

Approved LFL, basically means anything from an officially licensed source. (Book, Game, Movie, Cartoon, Comic, etc...)

What you need to find is enough picture references to show the details of the costume (360 degrees). If you can find the references, then I'd say go for it and submit it for approval. The LMO will look at the references and the costume and make the determination if it is approvable.

SO, nutshell, if you can find the "formal" sources (anything officially LFL Licensed that hasn't already been said, "we won't accept that source" [the infinity comic series and some concept art fall into that category]) and you really want that costume, then I'd say "go for it!" Are you guaranteed it'll get approved.... NO are you guaranteed it'll get a formal CRL... NO (As has been mentioned in other threads, not all costumes get formal CRLs, but a CRL is not required for a costume to be approved.) But you'll never know if you don't try. That's exactly HOW new costumes are introduced to the legion.

Get your sources together, start a thread and lets see where it goes!!!!

Kevin