• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sinya Costume

Tlana

Hello everybody.

After I got my black fleet officer costume I wanted to do something more ... “feminine” . Although I’m a huge twi’lek fan I don’t want to show so much skin as this species usually does. “Sinya” the twi’lek Black Sun bodyguard in the Darth Maul comic cached my eye years ago already. I think nobody has made this character yet and I tried to realize the costume as accurate as possible. It’s finished so far …

Please let me know what you are thinking about it. I’m glad for every helpful advice – thank you!

Kathi

Really great work all around. Absolutely fantastic and I appreciate your choice of attire. I respect either choice honestly but good for you and finding something you liked within your tastes.

I only would ask for the sake of approval/profile images (I'm a GWL so I think of what'd get posted on the website): Does she have some sort of eye-scars and perhaps other make-up detail you'd be missing?

On the rest of it: Brava! Very nice work!

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes me very happy :D!

Indeed, there are two “scratches” crossing her left eye. Sorry, my fault, here is a bigger detail picture of the make-up and also one from the backside. Maybe I should do those marks a little bit more intense in the future …

Good afternoon,

Your recreation is exemplary. If you do apply for this costume to be added to the 501st roster, please ask your GML to request a new subcategory under DZ, Bodyguard: Sinya (Denizens of the Empire.)

You have my full support and if asked, I will happily sponsor your GML’s request to the LMO team for approval.

Bully on you.

Guest Aysel

Beautifully done Sinya. You've done a wonderful job taking her from the page and breathing life into her.

Oh fantastic! Please do put her forward, and thank you for sharing the source artwork :) I had only seen the first image (adds maul to library borrowing...)

Also I love your choice of fabrics and textures, and the work on creating your own fabric patterns!

Hello everyone!

Thank you very very much for all your positive feedbacks … I’m already in contact with my GML. In the next few weeks we’re going to plan our next steps.

But … oops … shame on me! I put the scratches on the wrong direction on my face – ouch! Here is an actual picture from yesterday. I also shaved my eyebrows to give them sharper and more “aggressive” curve (well, my husband was not so amused, but anyway they are going to grow again).

Greetings from Switzerland

Kudos all around, you have really knocked it out of the park.

Even better catching the direction change. I cannot wait to see this submitted in the approval threads!

Also, eyebrow shaving dedication, nothing but respect for going the extra mile!

Stunning costume! Every detail you have put in is fantastic (and especially shaving the eye brows). Really hope you get this approved, it's a beautiful build.

Cheers,

Nef