• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth revan lightsaber ( need help !!! )

Lord Atrocity

I am sure this isnt the first nor last time this is going to be brought up. I have been searching for the last 3 to 4 months , high and low for a decent/somewhat exact replica that Revan wields. i tried piecing parts together from different sites and e-mail every site i can find and nothing looks decent enough to pass for his saber or i get the " sorry we are booked up for custom builds". Is there anyone that can help me out. the goal is to pick this bad boy up by June for Philly comic con. i know time is short here. i appreciate any help that comes my way.

I've run into the same issue. I wanted to have one saber to go with my costume. However, there isn't much out there. I am thinking if I want one I will have to find one similar and paint it myself.

I did read in anothet post that since his saber is so hard to find an exact replica of it is not a requirement to get approved, and some garrison leaders will let you troop with one "similar". So maybe check with your garrison on their stance.

Hey guys,

Definitely not the first time for this topic.

Here is a link to our image gallery, in it you will find shots for Revan's saber, as well as the generic Kotor sabers:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=27

It'd probably be up for discussion, but I suspect that if your single-bladed saber with a red blade matched as close as possible to one of those models, you would most likely be in compliance with standards. (Hooray generic statement)

The Custom Saber Shop has a really great saber-building application on their site (this is me not endorsing them specifically).

There is also a decent forum community there where you could meet saber builders, as well as learn how to do stuff for yourself.

I strongly considered building my own, but I found someone to do mine. He used the saber builder though and generated a model. I would start with a render first, find something and get it AS CLOSE as possible. After all, it should look like it just came off the set. That's the goal.

Guest kimballk

Saber's are optional for Revan (and most 501 SLs) so unless you are at a form canon event, don't worry about it. (and to be honest, even at the formal events I've been at, except for Vader or one of the named Jedi, no one cares.) I've also found that many events that are "that" formal often don't allow EU characters (at least the ones I've run into down here in FLG).

Kevin

Wise words Kevin.

I don't carry mine very often, and when I do it's kind of annoying, there is no where to put them.

I suggest using lots of Force Lightning and Force Chokes for photos. Or general broodiness.

Yea I have the Liberator V3 from UltraSabers. Link Below. I am with Tagion. Unless it is a short troop. I don't carry the saber. I always bring it to the event though just in case there are alot of kids. Kids love the Lightsabers! If revan had a covertec clip that I could hang it from, I would carry it more. But it gets heavy and ungainly after about an hour.

Without Sound

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/liberatorv3.htm

With Sound

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/so ... atorv3.htm

i appreciate the help guys. i did find someone who made a decent replica of his saber but the site wanted over 600$ for it, im desperate but im not that desperate lol i understand that its not really "needed" for 501st approval but im sure you all can understand that the costume is not complete without his saber. unfortunately i am kind of a perfectionist with my work, so last night i decided i was going to try and create my own Revan saber. as of now im going to piece parts together from the custom saber shop and ultra sabers. i have the tools to do certain mods to the hilt and im going to try and paint/weather it on my own. i hope i can start this project within the next month, ill try to post pix and steps on the progress. i hope by me doing this, i can help every other revanite here. so we can end this ongoing battle lolol

Good luck, Sir! MTFBWY! That is about right for having someone do a saber for you custom, after you factor in parts, then add in labor.

Guest Henryhiggins

I have a few ideas for what I want to do for a saber but want to make sure that it could be approved before I go through the payment process. I saw that someone before carries a Liberator V3 from ultrasabers which seems to be a close comparison but which pommel did you decide to use? Also, is the Liberator approved with your costume? I was looking at the shock from ultrasabers as well. It seems to be a close comparison too but I wasn't sure if it would be approved or not. The great thing about the shock is it can have a custom emitter.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-shock.htm

The other idea I have is to custom build a saber from customsabershop.com. The build i have is the picture below. Since the hilt can only be in metal, I was going to paint it brass. Would this pass approval standards as well? The picture is attached.

I would go with this emitter:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Screw-on-LED-blade-holder-style-18-P438.aspx

You can get powdr coating done through TCSS. Also be advised that you will need to get a screw tap done as well for emitters off of TCSS. You can find powder coating and taps in the services section.

Guest Henryhiggins
I would go with this emitter:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Screw-on-LED-blade-holder-style-18-P438.aspx

You can get powdr coating done through TCSS. Also be advised that you will need to get a screw tap done as well for emitters off of TCSS. You can find powder coating and taps in the services section.

Thanks for this. I will look into both the powder coating and taps.

As you were the one who used the Liberator V3, could you tell me if it was approved or not?

As you were the one who used the Liberator V3, could you tell me if it was approved or not?

I didn't submit my saber for approval. I just painted it to look similar. It would never pass for official approval but my garrison would see the effort and allow it at troops. I am in the process of getting different parts together from Ultrasabers and TCSS to build one as close to canon as possible. If you get 99.9% there it is likely to be approved as previously stated there really aren't any unofficial official Revan sabers out there that are functional. And why spend $60 on just a hilt when that is 1/3 of the price of a working saber just to get approved? After I am done with the build I will post. It will still be about 2 more months before complete though. I am dumping all of my money right now into my TKC build.

Guest Henryhiggins

I didn't submit my saber for approval. I just painted it to look similar. It would never pass for official approval but my garrison would see the effort and allow it at troops. I am in the process of getting different parts together from Ultrasabers and TCSS to build one as close to canon as possible. If you get 99.9% there it is likely to be approved as previously stated there really aren't any unofficial official Revan sabers out there that are functional. And why spend $60 on just a hilt when that is 1/3 of the price of a working saber just to get approved? After I am done with the build I will post. It will still be about 2 more months before complete though. I am dumping all of my money right now into my TKC build.

Thanks that clarifies my question. I am not sure what all could be done to make it officially approved though. My thoughts with the Shock were to take the emitter and pommel off and try and get one close to canon. If i were to use the emitter you suggested along with the pommel i was going to use for my custom saber on a Shock, do you belive that could be approved?

Also, LDMcustomsabers.com can make a replica that looks perfect but its pretty expensive.

Thanks that clarifies my question. I am not sure what all could be done to make it officially approved though. My thoughts with the Shock were to take the emitter and pommel off and try and get one close to canon. If i were to use the emitter you suggested along with the pommel i was going to use for my custom saber on a Shock, do you belive that could be approved?

Also, LDMcustomsabers.com can make a replica that looks perfect but its pretty expensive.

There is a lot of discussion floating around and we're working on a lot of different projects right now, particularly costumes that have absolutely nothing in regards to text or pictures in their CRLs.

This is the most accurate design to consider, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan's_Sith_lightsaber

and even the LDM sabers have a degree of variation from what I've seen, one or two pictures in the middle looked pretty darn accurate though.

Ultimately I think the most we really want to ask is to make them as accurate as possible, but I doubt we will really seek to 'approve' them beyond "Wow that looks really freaking sweet great job!"

That being said, for the sake of others, if you have one made, or make one yourself that "IS" super-accurate: document what you got and how it was done so that others can make informed decisions.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to get a sticky of "really great Revan sabers" put up though. What do you all think?

if nothing is set in stone as in " approval " for the right saber, then i dont think it will be officially approved. if you really think bout it, every revan saber that was made is custom no matter if its pieced together from different sites or if a saber smith makes one with his own twist to it.

what needs to happen is someone to make an EXACT replica of revans saber and post a tut like the previous post suggested. then when that is done it all of a matter of time before we all emulate that tut and THEN it might be approved, other then that. i think we are all just going to sit here a scratch our heads and do out best lol

well on the update... i finally gave in and i placed an order from LDM, all i have to say is the customer service is AMAZING ! it was a little pricey but worth it, i should be receiving my saber within 2 weeks. so ill update with pics

i went down the CSS route and i tried a million different configurations and unfortunately it didn't work out the way i wanted it to. the distinctive parts that rep the revan saber is hard to achieve threw them. the on/off switch on the main bodies from CSS does not fit well with the revan set up. the lines dont match along with the emmter, even after you build something that is slightly resemble revans saber their powder coating coloring config does not fit at all. i believe i saw someone on the forum that bought something from ultrasabers and painted it. it looks good and fitting for approval, but like i said what is good and bad because there is no set standard. the saber i bought off of LDM was a little pricey but thats because i added some bells and whistles.

my honest opinion instead of driving yourself nuts trying to work out something with CSS ( like i did lol ) save the casholo contact LDM and work something out. like i said his service is amazing and he is willing to help anyone out, believe me on this i slightly tortured the poor man for a little while lolol

well i dont know ldms policies about publicly showing his product without permission, but i can sure as hell garantee that as soon as i get this bad boy ill send as many pics videos as you want. PM if you like or the next time i speak to him in a day or two ill ask if its cool if i posted his product. ether way you will see his work and my baby within the next 2 weeks lol :D

I'll be happy to post my own photos as well, once I get a notice. I'm still on a wait list since December for Calvary.

Gotta chime in. LDM and Calvary are good looking sabers but hoo boy are they expensive. For those prices you could build 2 on TCSS with sound. I do hope they are worth the price for you guys!

... and the wait. I know a guy who wanted one by March who is still on the BUILD list, if you look, I'm number 1 on the Wait list still.

RE: Calvary.

see i didnt have to be put on a waiting list, i was fortunate enough were he had some left over and im just adding my personal touch to them as well as his. ya it cost a little more then anything i would build on my own, but after doing the research and trying to find what i want, i soon realized that i SUCK at electronical stuff lol its literally like Chinese to me. also i dont have any other intentions on buying another saber anytime soon. soooooo i decided to let someone build it that knows what they are doing so it would turn out great. cause if i did it i would botch it up lol. plus im treating myself... so why the hell not

on the update i should be receiving a pic/video shortly

see i didnt have to be put on a waiting list, i was fortunate enough were he had some left over and im just adding my personal touch to them as well as his. ya it cost a little more then anything i would build on my own, but after doing the research and trying to find what i want, i soon realized that i SUCK at electronical stuff lol its literally like Chinese to me. also i dont have any other intentions on buying another saber anytime soon. soooooo i decided to let someone build it that knows what they are doing so it would turn out great. cause if i did it i would botch it up lol. plus im treating myself... so why the hell not

on the update i should be receiving a pic/video shortly

For a fee I'll build it for you! lol