• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acolyte Approvals- Halt

Guest muppet

Guest Aysel

What you've guys have going so far looks good. I still want to see what the guys at Anchorhead Outpost have compiled, since I hear they've done some good work.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in a request for some high resolution render files... now waiting. I hit a wall initially, but have been offered some hope that some images might become available.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pam :-)

Guest Toddo

Thanks Pam. I've noticed before in the images that the undersuit appears to be quilted on the arms and legs at the very least a la Vader. However, most of us seem to concur that, like the clonetroopers, non-availabilty or quilted undersuits along with troop-ability make the quilted undersuit impractical.

Likewise, we may need to incorporate the paisley mask into the CRL if we are not going to separate a CRL for Lord Adraas. It seems that the primary difference between the Acolyte and Adraas is the mask.

Guest Aysel

maybe just saying having the paisley mask makes it an Adrass instead of a generic sith Acolyte, since there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two other than the mask

There is no difference in armor between Lord Adraas and the regular Sith Acolyte besides the mask. I've checked out as many stills as possible to make sure of this. I still haven't heard back from the Archorhead Outpost but I did send them the link to this thread so hopefully they can give us a hand in completing this.

I would have to disagree with only having mesh behind the eyes instead of a lense. I've seen so many pics of Vader and you don't always see a saber glare. Keep in mind this is a CG image, do you spend the time putting in a saber glare in all the eyes? Perhaps no glare for effect keeping the eyes dark keeps them sinister. Also they are wearing helmets not just a mask, would you put mesh in a helm or lenses? Can't think of a helm in Star Wars that does not use lenses, Tusken Raider perhaps, but I'm thinking the Sith are a bit more advanced. Mesh should be an option.

My 2 cents,

Dan

I have both, one mask from mywickedarmor with mesh covering, and another with a dark lens. I have another coming from the Anchorhead Outpost as well, which will be used for my costume; the other two are for sale.

I agree it could be lens or mesh, there's just not enough compiled images to make a certain judgement call on the eyes. As for it being a helmet, in most you can see the neck seal, but never the back of the head so I think it could be either as well. The Anchorhead Outpost have created an Acolyte mask with the back plate to make it a full helmet.

Pam,

Any news on the HI Res images?

Unfortunately, no. The fellow no longer works for the company, but he said he will try to get some images from a friend. I know the images have to be out there because we've seen bits and pieces of them... it's just a matter of finding someone who has the images, and permission to share them!

Guest mexisol187

"Boots/Shoes

• Either boots or shoes need to be employed with armor encasing both the toe and heel. Armor must extend around the circumference of the shoe. Any visible boot is not acceptable."

I think this needs to be tweaked a bit, I found an image where the boot armor seems to be different then what a few people are doing. It appears only the sides, top and back are armored, not the tip. Maybe I am seeing it wrong, but that is what it looks like to me, as you can see the leather seam down the boot. Thoughts? Or better yet an image where to boots can be seen.

I don't think so. It is difficult to see in the first pic but there is moveable armor on the shoe.

It doesn't make any sense not to cover the toe area.

99869485.jpg

shoerh.jpg

Guest mexisol187

Yeah it didn't make sense to me either, I don't know if my image is a beta version, very well could be. Thanks for the feedback.

Guest lperea

Here I have two screencaps of the boots:

29b0jtv.jpg

f1m6bl.jpg

It is not clear if the boot is entirely covered with armor, or if it is grey with some armor pieces. But I think it would very difficult to move with a complete armoured boot.

I would suggest using armor only in the red area ¿What do you think?

34revdu.jpg

Here I have two screencaps of the boots:

29b0jtv.jpg

f1m6bl.jpg

It is not clear if the boot is entirely covered with armor, or if it is grey with some armor pieces. But I think it would very difficult to move with a complete armoured boot.

I would suggest using armor only in the red area ¿What do you think?

34revdu.jpg

So I'm guessing this is not ok?

7891591702_968ef17445_o_zpsf3e8c01e.jpg

These are what I would have as well so would love to hear your thoughts, comments and suggestions...

I think so, too. I don't think everything is covered with hard armor parts because of mobility.

That is why I have leather parts between the hardparts.

shoex.jpg

So I'm guessing this is not ok?

7891591702_968ef17445_o_zpsf3e8c01e.jpg

These are what I would have as well so would love to hear your thoughts, comments and suggestions...

I would say there is some armor missing at least on the side.

After looking at all the images, I'm going to say that the boot ain't entirely covered. Just like the chest and abdomen the armor on the foot covers the main parts of the foot but not all of it. This would allow for flexibility as well as matching the rest of the armor. If the foot was entirely encapsulated in armor it seriously wouldn't match.

Just my two cents :)

Just want to add something that I've noticed. Looking at trailers with the Acolytes and also from the picture posted above, the Sith's armor seem to be much darker then that of the shiny silver Jedi. Almost a black/silver like a gunmetal color. I think that should be stated in the CRL that the armor should be dark silver not a shiny silver. Just a thought.

After looking at all the images, I'm going to say that the boot ain't entirely covered. Just like the chest and abdomen the armor on the foot covers the main parts of the foot but not all of it. This would allow for flexibility as well as matching the rest of the armor. If the foot was entirely encapsulated in armor it seriously wouldn't match.

Just my two cents :)

"Boots/Shoes

• Either boots or shoes need to be employed with armor encasing both the toe and heel. Armor must extend around the circumference of the shoe. Any visible boot is not acceptable."

I still think that this is ok, because it isn't saying that it just needs to be armor. It is just saying that the armor is around the shoe and the shoe should be covered.

Everybody can put flexible parts between the armor.

Just want to add something that I've noticed. Looking at trailers with the Acolytes and also from the picture posted above, the Sith's armor seem to be much darker then that of the shiny silver Jedi. Almost a black/silver like a gunmetal color. I think that should be stated in the CRL that the armor should be dark silver not a shiny silver. Just a thought.

Signed!

At least there should be a difference to the Jedi!

Guest lperea

Hi! About the use of a back plate and kidney, I recently got this Hi-Res picture. Here it can be seen part of the back of a jedi armor (I think it can be extended for sith).

voo4y9.jpg

Hi guys,

YOU are the CRL team for this character. While I and others may hold titles in the detachment, who else could possibly know the costume better than those who are striving to create it? In the six years that I've been working on the CRL project, there have been two distinct situations. First, there have been the characters who nobody really gave a rip about creating a CRL entry for them. For those, I wrote the entries myself (typically after requests for help went unanswered), asked the LMO to check the writing over, and it was done. For others, there was a person or a group in the detachment who really cared about the character and getting a CRL entry written for them. Those people developed the standards together, debated a while to figure out all the details, and when it looked like everything had been figured out I took what they had written and converted it to the format required by whatever CRL display system we were using at the time. The LMO checked it, and once again it was done. That team effort has worked out really well over the years. (Though I must admit to going nearly postal when a team writing effort led to a long debate over the proper internationally recognizable name for a certain shade of red!)

Honestly, I'm still holding out hope for some better reference images, so we can have more certainty on some of the details. I've been searching the internet, looking through screen grabs of the trailers, and studying the high-rez Jedi images to see what similarities and differences there are with the acolytes. I don't feel like we can make a solid call on some pieces yet, though that kind of uncertainty hasn't stopped us from just doing the best we could with other costumes over the years. The simple fact of costuming is that it's sometimes pretty much impossible to figure out all of the details, and what we do know tends to change as we glean details from from one reference to the next.

One thing I did with other CRL entries over the years was that I included an image or two with the description of each piece. (Typically the sharpest and most detailed image I could find of that one piece of the costume.) This allowed me to check my words against the picture one piece at a time, and also let the LMO compare them for a faster approval of the CRL text. When they don't have to flip back and forth between the text and images scattered about in another window, it helps streamline the process. You may, or may not be interested in trying this out with the acolyte standards.

You can see a couple samples of this here, and here...

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1518

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=1918

Guest Toddo

Ok, here's the latest version of the working CRL. Anyone want to find imagrey that illustrates these points like Pam requested? If so, please drop them in the appropriate spots.

Sith Acolyte CRL

Mask

• Must be made of a rigid material such as plastic of fiberglass

• Must contain either a grooved pattern consistent with the video game references

• The wearer’s eyes must be concealed by the wearer by a mesh material. Lenses are acceptable.

SithWarrior-TORHope_zpsd6afcde1.jpg

Balaclava (optional)

• A black balaclava may be used to conceal any skin or features.

Undersuit

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos.

Neck Seal

• A dark gray or black neck seal composed of either latex or fabric must be present containing a series of horizontal ribs separated down the middle by a single vertical rib or thick seam.

acolytereferenz_zps9b30be2a.jpg

Robe

• Must be constructed from a black, heavy, flowing material such as wool or an equivalent fabric. No flaps, pockets, zippers or ornamentation.

• The sleeves terminate just below the elbow so that most of the forearm is visible. On each sleeve there must be two burgundy-red stripes that are preferably painted or dyed, but may be sewn-onto the robe fabric. The stripe closest to the edge of the sleeve should be approximately three inches wide with a second stripe approximately 2 inches higher with a width of approximately one inch.

SithWarrior-TORHope_zps476e5e51.png

• The length of the robe should fall no more than 1 inch from the ground.

• The hood must be over the head and drape on the shoulders.

Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large_zpsd41ecdd5.png

Chest Armor

• Two pectoral sections joined in the middle.

• The armor must contain grooves consistent with the available references.

• Must be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Back Armor (optional)

• Must be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Shoulder Bells

• Shoulder bells must be present to give the “armored” shape under the robe.

Biceps (optional)

Forearms

• Must be fully-encased gauntlets complete with the appropriate greeblies consistent with available references.

Hand Armor

• The hands must be concealed in a tactical-style black glove.

• The handguards contain a series of three claws.

• Each finger must have an independent coffin-shaped armor piece.

• The thumb has an individual, larger armor piece.

Abdomen

• The abdomen is a large plate with grooves consistent with available references.

• There must be a piece connecting the abdomen with the chest plate.

Kidney Plate (optional)

Belt

• Gray, silver or tan webbed material or leather containing an armored buckle plate with a grooved pattern.

• Two small black or grey pouches on either side of the buckle that are made of either nylon or leather or another similar material must be present. In addition, there must be a canister greeblie attached to the belt on the left side.

c106cb1c-5fa7-4102-85a9-23b21cac6d7d_zpsc756c967.jpg

Thighs

• The thigh armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

• Should be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor

Lower Leg

• The lower leg armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

Boots/Shoes

• Either boots or shoes need to be employed with armor encasing both the toe and heel. Armor must extend around the circumference of the shoe. Any visible boot is not acceptable.

da976eb0-fcd6-42ab-9fe4-d66120eac123_zpse3f9993d.jpg

Optional:

Lightsaber

A hero saber that matches the game references is preferred, but any Sith-styled saber with a red blade is acceptable.

lightsaber_zpsabc86b41.jpg

The mask may connect to a back plate that cups that back of the head.