Acolyte

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Fernando Dotta
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Brazilian Division Garrison

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm staring to make some changes on my revan cosplay to fits on 501st. I would like some advices what kind of materials i can build the chest armor. One question I have if I can make the by a rigid plastic like pvc and cover it with a leather like material to make the correct armor patterns and colors,  can I do it?

thanks

#2 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Name:Nina
  • TKID:26272
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

If you can make the leather rigid and not look like leather (the game file and screenshot references very clearly show a metallic effect that porous leather fights against), then there shouldn't be an issue.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."-Darth Malak
SL 26272, Darth Revan, Dewback Ridge Garrison
Villainworks Limited Partner

#3 fdotta

fdotta

Acolyte

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Name:Fernando Dotta
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Brazilian Division Garrison

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

I've just give up that leather idea, I've found a ink like a cooper, that matches with revans armor. I'm building the armor right. Soon I will post some pics here.

By the way do you recomend any specific clamps to use attach the hood to the armor?

Thanks

#4 DarthValkyria

DarthValkyria

Her Sithness

• Detachment Leader
  • 482 posts
  • Name:Nina
  • TKID:26272
  • Garrison / Outpost:
    Dewback Ridge Garrison
  • 501st Legion Profile

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

I have rings that I use for mine. I believe they are smooth key rings that conceal the split part but allow me to detach the hood while still having accurate looking rings.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."-Darth Malak
SL 26272, Darth Revan, Dewback Ridge Garrison
Villainworks Limited Partner