• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Doubt on Darth Talon costume approval

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hope to put the discussion on the right topic, otherwise I apologize in advance!

I have a doubt on the validity of the costume I'm making: I carefully read all the requirements that the costume Darth Talon must have to be admitted, I have already started working and I realized just now that the version that I am preparing is slightly different in some details from the one in the comics.

The costume I'm making is inspired by the Premium Format Statue:

http://www.predatorstuff.com/wp-content ... view02.jpg

I'm doing an accurate reproduction, but then I'm afraid that the costume will be not accepted...

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot! :wink:

Alessia

I would suggest talking to Brian (stormtrooperguy) to get an official LMO (Legion Membership Officer) opinion on the alternate version of the costume. Things get increasingly difficult for us when artists choose to make their own interpretations of the original artwork and change so many details. According to the Talon's creator, the bikini top is supposed to be black leather. Not metallic silver armor. She even gave the reasoning why it's supposed to be leather. But the statue's sculptor clearly ignored that and made a metallic top. Details like that will not match the CRL, but if the LMO approves it, then additions can be made to the CRL. (Personally, I'd rather thwop the sculptor upside the head and tell them to respect the comic art!)

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Hello Pam!

Exactly, that is why I have doubts, Talon was born in a certain way for a reason I think!

For now, fortunately, I have not yet created a bra so I'll definitely do it in leather, the only accessory that I've created that differs a bit from the original is the belt buckle:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/biuko6.jpg

the color is different and, just a little bit, the shape.

Also the armor of legs and arms are more "bronze"color than the drawing ones.

In fact the things that differs between the two versions are the bra, as we have already said, the "ears" that are in a metal version on the statue otherwise are red as the skin, and the cloak that there isn't in the comics.

Now I will try to contact Brian as you suggested and waiting for his answer.

Thank you!

Alessia

Guest Anonymous

Here I am.

The "high end" statues have a bad habit of not following any other reference. Since this is the only occurrence of her with the metallic top, I am inclined to say that we should stick to the comic style, since that's at least relatively consistent.

Guest Anonymous

Hello Stormtrooperguy, thank you so much for your answer.

I will stick to the comics style, definitely.

Maybe I can keep the belt buckle (and the one on the back)?

I can post some pictures if it helps.

Oh, and what about the cloak?Can I keep that too?

Thanks again!

Alessia

Guest Aysel

hey all, I'm moving this topic to the Darth Talon forum ^_^

I love seeing this costume getting more attention. I also suggest sticking to the comic references as closely as you can. As for the cloak, I'd say you could keep it, just not for your application pictures. ^_^

^_^ Katie

As a personal pet peeve, can I just ask that you not wear the cloak closed all of the time? it annoys me to no end, when someone has an amazing, beautiful, or intricate costume and then proceeds to cover +90% of it every time they wear it. What's the point of wearing it then?

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :?

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Katie! ;)

@ Drago Lordist: ahahahah I totally agree with you, I chose to create the cloak just because the fair will be held in October, and I need something to cover me when I step out from the pavilion!

I was thinking of using a bodysuit, but it is rather difficult to find one very similar to the skin ...!

I want to post some pictures soon, I hope that the belt buckle is ok because I like it and I would be disappointed if I had to do it again ...! :evil:

Thanks! :wink:

I would follow as a pattern or drawing a figure unofficial if your intention is to be approved, it will give you a headache. Sculptors shape it in its own way of seeing.

The cloack I love it :D I'm thinking make for some specific event or photoshoot. Waving behind when walking :D great!

Guest Anonymous

@ Okashi: yes, I love the cloack, it's very helpfull in many occasions!

Oh, and I looked at your "TWI'LEK PARADISE", it's beautiful! ;)

So, I decided to stick to the pictures of comics, so I started over.

These are some photos taken with the phone (the quality is not great) and this is the result:

http://i40.tinypic.com/a2kup.gif

http://i39.tinypic.com/vcqxyb.gif

now I'm working on the bra, I think is the hardest part of the Talon's clothing!

I'll post some pics soon!

Alessia

Thanks Queen :D Now a update: Armor tips!

I agree, the bikini is the hard part on clothes (really only wear gloves, boots, bikini top and bottom). But do the bikini is even more difficult that make the armor!

I like your Belt Plate and belt :D you do a great job.

What material is make?

A tip!

CRL: The belt may have two detail lines etched horizontally around its length.

I'm pretty sure that "may" means "must have"

Aysel you out of doubt.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Okashi!

My belt has two lines horizontally on the other hand, maybe I can turn it in reverse: D

The material I used for the buckles is a sheet of light metal, but it was too thin and smooth so I reinforced with a plastic sheet to create the thickness.

I applied some of PVA glue with a sponge on the surface and then I used black paint to soil surface.

Thanks again!

Alessia