• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus start?

Thalizar

Hello,

New here to the Flagship forums, I'm a member of the FISD and currently have a TKC build that I have finished. Now I'm looking at starting a Nihilus build and would love any advice where to start. i've looked into My Wicked Armor but have heard he is slow to respond to e-mails and I was wondering if there are other options out there? Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you,

Dan

Guest Aysel

Hello and welcome to the Flagship ^_^

Nihilus is both easy and difficult to make on your own. If you know anyone that knows how to sew the majority of the soft parts have fairly simple, it's when you get into the hood that makes most people stumble. Fabric just doesn't want to drape like the reference pics so your choice of fabric is critical, many people go with a raw silk (you can pick it up at a fairly inexpensive rate, we have links to suppliers) or a lighter weight cotton/poly blend would work too, you just need to make sure the blacks match. There are a few people here who have made their own masks and there are some who make them for sale. My advice would be to study the CRL's and have them up as you work on the costume.

If you don't have the skills to make it yourself or know anyone that can give you a hand, there are suppliers out there other than mywickedarmor as Rob is a one man show and he has a very long waiting list.

Even if you don't currently have the sewing skills to make this, this costume is a good one to learn how to sew since the majority of it is straight stitches with easy to follow patterns (there is even a tutorial up that you can follow for guidance)

Good luck with which ever route you take ^_^

^_^ Katie

I don't think I've ever actually said this anywhere, but my roommate and I make custom costumes for sale. We handled fabric and leather work only though. It is a small side business we do locally for cosplayers. Although I did make my entire Nihilus costume myself, not sure I would make the mask or hood again. The robes however we can do. PM me if you are interested.

Not sure if self promotion is allowed. If it is not, feel free to delete this post!

I can also recommend Twin Roses Design. They do very nice robes for jedi and sith. Someone else on this forum (Nihilus) is getting his robes through them.