• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Talon Tattoo Pattern Reference

Twi'lek Pam

This was posted on facebook by Jan Duursema, Darth Talon's creator.

"Jan Duursema: Had some requests for Darth Talon's tattoos. Made this to create a turn around model of her in Daz Studio so I could understand the designs from all angles without driving myself crazy..."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 2bd76f0b27

normal_TalonHeadPattern.jpg

TalonTorsoPattern.jpg

nice! now how does it go on the body? lol ^_^

^_^ Katie

With duct tape, while standing like a flamingo, holding your breath, and glaring imperiously, of course. (Though, if you ask my husband... he'd say "With staples.")

I imagine the best thing to do would be to enlarge the image and print out sections of it to help design a stencil pattern for each main section. As soon as I saw it, I just had to get out my own patterns and start making comparisons. I drew my tattoo patterns by sitting in the middle of a pile of comic books, trying to match the different angles, so it really was fun to see how close I got to her final design.

In the front I missed the little hook design by the belly button. (The curves that arc up are supposed to have little fish hook designs.) I didn't notice them in the comic art until I'd already drawn the V shape without the hooks... and then I couldn't decide if they should be there or not, because they tend to come and go in the artwork. They really aren't very noticable in the flat image, either... perhaps they were meant to be very small, and only became oversized in a comic panel or two on accident. I still need to finish the rest of it, such as the extensions from the chest pattern that go down under the arms. I'll probably end up doing that someday, even though I gave up on the costume itself!

TalonTattooSketchFront.jpg

And on this one, I definitely got the zigzag of the lines that go over the hips wrong... but I think I got the "butterfly wings" part of the design fairly close.

TalonTattooSketchBack.jpg

My shoulder patterns don't seem to look very much like the flat image at all... I need to go back to the comics and see if they're really THAT badly off, or if perhaps she changed the design when she made the flat image. Either one is possible!

Pam :-)

Ya know, the more I look at the flat images, the more differences I see between the designs there and the comic art. She definitely made some changes.

I guess we can add this artwork to the endless assortment of potential tattoo patterns! Such is the danger of EU costuming... :wink:

Pam

I'd say some of it's distortion from actually being flattened as well, I'm sure that if it was bent around a torso some of those issues would work themselves out. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I think I am more confused now than I was by the inconsistent comics....

her tramps stamp is WAY different in this than in the BROKEN comic .... maybe she got more tattoos done :P

Now I have seen this I am going to modify my stencils .. again

I think I am more confused now than I was by the inconsistent comics....

her tramps stamp is WAY different in this than in the BROKEN comic .... maybe she got more tattoos done :P

Now I have seen this I am going to modify my stencils .. again

your work is never done mwahahahahahacoughcouh

^_^ Katie

Guest Daritha

Sorry for the spamming but ... tramp stamp ... you cracked me up! :lol::lol:

"Jan Duursema: Had some requests for Darth Talon's tattoos. Made this to create a turn around model of her in Daz Studio so I could understand the designs from all angles without driving myself crazy..."

I'm a lucky girl, she put them after my request in her blog!! :D

I'm vectoring them in corel draw!

It's crazy work :lol::lol:

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

OMG can't wait to see what the end result is !!

OMG can't wait to see what the end result is !!

Yeah I will share soon my work but I want to you share with us your secrets of bodypaint!!! :D

Airbrush that you used? the make and brand, application templates.?

Show us pictures of the process! I'm crazy to see them! wiiiii! ^ o ^

Post these in your Talon Built topic PLEASE!!! I rewrite these in this topic

I understand where an how most of the tattoo designs go, but I cannot figure out the lowest part of the body tattoo. Does anyone know where that goes? Like I see her theighs, but what is that below them?

I suppose that are the legs tatoos, covered by the boots, but in a comic she "sleep" with Cade and she is nude... tatoo in arms, hands and legs are visible.

Guest Kaieta

If the utterly crap 'official' (aka cheap as all hell) costume is to be believed they are leg, they are printed on the tights that come with it. I got gag gifted the crappy costume as a birthday prank. I'll post a pic of me wearing them later if you all think it would help with people understanding positioning

Guest Kaieta

[attachment=0]943054_437474369676880_1532545000_n.png[/attachment]

I forgot I had this that I was going to share! This is a mock up for a muscle suit for Talon that gives a better idea for positioning. I can ask my friend to send me the original 3D model too if people want it.