• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

got star wars tattoo?

Koda Vonnor

Those who know me well would have told you I would never even consider getting inked. Not in this lifetime, not unless Hell froze over or sump'n.

Looks like Beelzebub gots some shoveling to do...

Saturday at 1pm I go under the needle.

Left Shoulder:

rebel_bird_outline_10px.png

Right Shoulder:

jedi_logo_Outline_10px.png

Jedi logo will be deep blood-red, as appears on the CW armor.

Bird will be ... well ... gotta rock the orange, sorry. :mrgreen:

Post 'em if you got 'em.

~ Vonnor

Guest Daritha

I don't have one or planning in the future (although I have a SW RPG character with half an Imperial and Rebel logo inked on his chest, directly over the heart; does this count too? ^^).

Anyway: I looove your designs. The logos will look great! I hope you'll post some pictures once the stitches are made. ^^

Guest Daritha

I neraly forgot: a fellow legionnaire from the Polish Garrison (a Mara Jade) has a Mythosaur skull on her upper left/right? arm. Looks pretty cool.

I'm planning, before Celebration, to get one on my right bicep. It'll probably be:

av-1576.jpg

But with my custom saber hilt rather than the Luke. Oh, and black rather than white.

If that goes well, I'll be looking at a Mythosaur on my left bicep.

Guest Anonymous

I've got the Fett skull on my right forearm in dark red.

I'm planning another one. I want to get the Season 4 Rex helmet on my calf, done up in old fashioned tattoo style with banners above and below that say 501st Legion and CC-7602

I've got the Fett skull on my right forearm in dark red...

Hey Brian,

What did they use for your dark red? He used Starbrite 010 Deep Maroon for mine. It's supposed to go in kinda pink fuscia and darken over time. I hope it does cuz after the initial peel-away it's pretty candy-red looking. I was hoping for the color of this website's bg.

~ Bill C.

Greetings,

I think this thread needs more images.

1977_59070754622_633079622_2043002_6949_n.jpg

After my armour;

369_45399424622_633079622_1660129_4177_n.jpg

Bill, red is a tricky colour for skin to take well. You might consider a black border to keep it tight.

Be well,

Thomas

I actually looked at yours Maestro, for inspiration on placement and scaling. The color of the glyphs in the lower right of your first photo is closer to what I was shooting for. I found an artists blog where the pronounced delayed darkening of the Starbrite 010 was described and seconded, so I am still hopeful.

Regarding the black border, I compromised with a lower right shadow to create some depth. I still need to get the vertical star-point shadow corrected after it fully heals. See these early (needle+2hr) photos of the well-ointmented art:

rebel_tattoo01.png

jedi_tattoo02.png

I'll get some better focused ones taken in a couple weeks.

~ BC

Guest Anonymous

What did they use for your dark red? He used Starbrite 010 Deep Maroon for mine. It's supposed to go in kinda pink fuscia and darken over time. I hope it does cuz after the initial peel-away it's pretty candy-red looking. I was hoping for the color of this website's bg.

It's been a couple of years now, and they actually went over it twice. The first time it was too light, so they did a second pass with a second color.

This is the final result:

3114094038_38402d8fdb_z.jpg?zz=1

Guest Anonymous

the second pass hurt less and healed faster too. it was done just over 4 years ago and so far hasn't faded / the edges haven't softened.

they did warn me that red is one of the most difficult colors for them (my artist said white was the worst in his opinion). everyone reacts differently, and you don't really know how it will work until you get it done.

if it turned pink or if the edges didn't hold we had a plan for going back for more color / shading. thankfully it worked as i wanted it to.

at some point i want something else in red, about the same size, on the other arm. but, nothing has found me yet.

Well obviously have to have my cog... I am considering getting my Darth Talon re-done, and I have a Tusken to get shortly just need the time.

femtrooper2.jpg

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Some great ink guys, here's some of mine.

My next tattoo will be just before CVI in NY by Adam Hays.

Left arm Clone Wars sleeve.

th_CloneWarsSleeve.jpg

Right upper arm from Dave Seeley's CIV print.

th_skywalker.jpg

Right lower arm Booba Fett by Hannah Aitchison.

th_BoobaFett-1.jpg

Left leg Rancor skelaton.

th_IMG_0107.jpg

Darth Maul Hannya Mask done at CV.

th_MaulHannya-1.jpg

Japanese Maul done in Japan by Horiren, one of Japan's best female traditional tattoo artist, using machine and Tebori hand poke method.

Photo's not the best, it looks much better in person.

th_IMG_1121.jpg

Short video of the Tebori part.

th_VideoMay1622332PM.jpg