• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Sabers

Pyro

Hi,

That's part of the reason why we don't require lightsabers for costume approval. Not only are weapons frowned upon in some regions, the EU sabers are also really, really difficult to find sometimes!

These sabers are similar to the Revan design, but not a match. I'm sure you would be welcome to carry one at events, but you would not be able to use it in your legion membership pictures, since it isn't accurate. But, since you don't have to have a lightsaber in your membership pictures, or for approval, that isn't a big problem. I know that folks have found more accurate sabers, but in general they have to be custom made to match the references. It tends to be a much slower and more expensive prospect, but you can get better accuracy if you hire a talented (and reliable) sabersmith.

Pam :-)

Would I be able to use them at official legion only events?

That would be determined by your garrison leadership. I've found that most don't mind... they know that some parts are very difficult to come by, and similar is usually close enough. There are the occasional leaders who ask for approved-only accessories, however, so it's always best to check with the folks who organize and run the events, rather than making assumptions.

Pam :-)