• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

Guest Anonymous

Wore mine at C6 the other day. I think I ran into Jaster.

Unfortuneately, I am going to have to sell it. I just don't have the chances to troop it, and now I have a wedding to plan, so will need to start saving money.

Pics from C6 of the Acolyte: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28810921@N ... 297845888/

For sale is there:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2309

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yep that was me mate, it's a shame you have to sell it but ya gota do what ya gota do.

Here is the pic I took of you at CVI.

th_2012-08-25122728.jpg

Guest darren1970

OK, so got some of the additional bits I needed from KB to complete the KWdesign kit.

Got the elbows done tonight

elbows.jpg

Oh, I've had a bit of an idea on how to wear the 'vader-arms' with the armour parts on the arms.

Stay tuned for more info once I get the biceps sorted :wink: .

Darren

Guest darren1970

Made a bit more progress on the arm armour and 'vader-sleeves'.

Here's a pic of the current set-up ( with hand, forearm, elbow and bicep armour ).

armtest.jpg

These are worn over my 'vader sleeves' ( here's a close-up )

armtestclose.jpg

My method of attaching these is;...........

Elbow and forearm are first attached to the vader sleeve with industrial velcro.

The bicep is a 2 part 'clam-shell' construction which closes over the top of the 'vader sleeve' ( again with velcro ).

Finally the glove/hand armour goes on.

Interested to hear what you guys think of how it looks.

I

Guest Anonymous

Agreed. Joined just to see this thread and keep an eye on it. I'm starting to source some items for this build and this has been a great resource so far.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster
And Jaster, I'm loving your new avatar. Have you got a link to a bigger version? :)

The guy that did it has done a couple from SWTOR and will be putting them on his deviantart site soon.

When he does I'll post a link here, you can also see some on his Facebook page just look for Matt Difa.

_Jaster":129bbfgl]
And Jaster, I'm loving your new avatar. Have you got a link to a bigger version? :)

The guy that did it has done a couple from SWTOR and will be putting them on his deviantart site soon.

When he does I'll post a link here, you can also see some on his Facebook page just look for Matt Difa.

Thanks for that. I found him and his work 8)

Guest darren1970

Got a bit more done today.

I've attached the elbow and forearm pieces to the 'vader arms' so they can be pulled on as a sleeve.

Also got the butt plate and biceps sorted ( these are KB's parts - the rest of the armour is KW ).

Bodyarmour1.jpg

armtest.jpg

And here it is with the robe ( it's a shame that most of the armour is covered )

Robed1.jpg

Last things to do are the boot armour ( on the way ) and I have to make the 'spike' greeblies for the forearms.....then it's in for clearance.

Darren

I've attached the elbow and forearm pieces to the 'vader arms' so they can be pulled on as a sleeve.

Also got the butt plate and biceps sorted ( these are KB's parts - the rest of the armour is KW ).

Bodyarmour1.jpg

armtest.jpg

And here it is with the robe ( it's a shame that most of the armour is covered )

Robed1.jpg

Last things to do are the boot armour ( on the way ) and I have to make the 'spike' greeblies for the forearms.....then it's in for clearance.

Darren

AWESOME! Looks GREAT! I'm gearing up to start building one of these myself! VERY WELL DONE! 8)

Guest darren1970

Sorry mate, got lost in the thread.

I'll have a search through my paypal when I get back home and see if I can find where I got em.

I basically just did a search on Chelsea work boots and these cam e up.

Guest darren1970

I know we've discussed this previously, but there is definately something between the ab and chest plates.

So I did a little experimenting. I've added a detail line and shaded part to the top of the ab. This then matches up with a piece of matte vinyl that I've cut the match the 'shape' in the refs. This piece also extends under the chest plate which will effectively hide the zipper ( bonus ).

midsectiondetail.jpg

What do you guys think?

Darren

Darren

Darren- how did you hook the armor to the vader arms? Velcro?

Also, how did you hook the biceps to the shoulder bells? Elastic?

Guest darren1970

Darren

Darren- how did you hook the armor to the vader arms? Velcro?

Also, how did you hook the biceps to the shoulder bells? Elastic?

Hi mate.

Yep, industrial velcro to attach the forearms and elbows to the 'vader arms'

The shoulders are velcro'd to the undersuit. At present the biceps ( which I attach 'clamshell style' ) basically stay in place due to their tightness. Will probably attache them more permanently tho.

Darren

Hi mate.

Yep, industrial velcro to attach the forearms and elbows to the 'vader arms'

The shoulders are velcro'd to the undersuit. At present the biceps ( which I attach 'clamshell style' ) basically stay in place due to their tightness. Will probably attache them more permanently tho.

Darren

Thanks Darren! The rest of my Kevin B? armor is being shipped, and I have fabric ordered for the Vader Arms. I can't wait to get some momentum again and try to finish this build!

Got my mask from Mynock last week and am finally able to post a few pics. I am really please with how it came out! I was able to frighten the heck out of some of my middle school students. ;) Now I just need to finish the rest of my armor!

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I scaned the pics from the Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia but they didn't turn out to good so I wont bother posting them.

Guest darren1970

Tried a new technique of applying weathering to the armour.

Use a watered down wash of black acrylic then dabbed it off with an old sponge to give it a random patina.

chestweathering.jpg