• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

Guest darren1970

OK, I've read and re-read the thread to digest all this brilliant research you guys have put into the Acolyte.

If I'm correct, the list of parts is;

Mask ( ordered from Wolfgang in Germany )

KW TOR armour

Finger / cannister kit ( from here )

Elbow / butt / back and boot armour ( from here - can't wait )

Sabre ( probably gonna buy the plainest hilt I can then build onto it )

Cloak

Undersuit - with Vader-type quilted arms

Gloves

Boots

Have I missed anything?

Darren

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darren1970

Allready committed to KW's kit, but I like my builds to be challenging, so I may even sculpt and vac form some of the additional bits myself ( or wimp out and buy them :wink: ).

Another question - to 'black out' the eyes what are people using. I don't want to use dark perspex lenses ( like in all my clones ) as I know they will look wrong ( too shiney ). Would fabric stretched behind the eye holes work?

Darren

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Vepariga had some black balaclava material pulled tight over the eyes which he said worked well, just needs to be secured so the tension doesn't pull it loose.

I'm going to use some black mesh material used to line track pants and shirts, I'll try and post a pic of it soon.

Guest Anonymous
Hi guys.

This costume is the reason I joined flagship eclipse. Your research and builds so far are excellent and you've definately inspired me to get started ( mask ordered today ).

Darren

I'm with darren 1970 on this one, and can't wait to get tk9948's armor. Who is this Wolfgang that has the mask?

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Wolfgang is a member on the main 501st boards, if you're not a member let us know and I'll see if he can post here or get you an email addy.

Repainted the helmet, darker silver and not going with the bronze detail now, will probably go with a deep red in some areas.

Also have a neck seal being made by Darman TK9356.

Paints used are, Power Plus, auto touch-up paint:

Main colour:- PJ9170 Stormy Glow Metalic, Detail:- PJ6260 Tungsten.

Photos: Helmet, Chest, Cod piece, shoulder bells, Saber, Black mesh for eye blackout.

th_IMG_1374.jpgth_IMG_1375.jpgth_IMG_1376.jpg

th_IMG_1377.jpgth_IMG_1378.jpgth_IMG_1379.jpg

_Jaster":2en9r2x2]

I'm going to use some black mesh material used to line track pants and shirts, I'll try and post a pic of it soon.

That's pretty much what I used on the mask that I made, you can see it on this picture:

6412516401_a750dbc281.jpg

It allows good visibility and ventilation and most of the time hides the eyes (although sometimes your eyes can be visible in flash photography).

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah mate that's the same stuff, just put mine in a few minutes ago, works a treat.

Guest Anonymous
_Jaster":3vpwunmv]Wolfgang is a member on the main 501st boards, if you're not a member let us know and I'll see if he can post here or get you an email addy.

If you can I'd appreciate it. Wolfgang's version of the mask is easily far the best I've seen and I would love to get my hands on one.

Guest darren1970

Great Idea with the mesh behind the eyes.

Will probably use the same on mine.

Darren

Guest [RBG]_Jaster
If you can I'd appreciate it. Wolfgang's version of the mask is easily far the best I've seen and I would love to get my hands on one.

Done mate, I sent him a PM. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Guest Anonymous
_Jaster":1m1tge7c]

Done mate, I sent him a PM. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Contacted, ordered, and hopefully the mask is on it's way. Thanks for the help!

Guest Anonymous
Quick update... :wink:

I'm getting into a new house! So I been suuuper bogged down. So here's the scoop. Being I took down my shop for the time being while I build it back up (this time in my home! Woohoo!)...the Back...Boot Armor...Belt buckle...Butt...Elbows ... are being formed by next week. I'll have ten sets avail very soon. I have a close buddy forming them while I get back up and running.

The mask... (eee I feel like a giddy school girl lol) ....my mold is off to Andy (EVO 3). He's a very close buddy (and once my XO when I was SL). I know most of you know his work, so you can just imagine. He's taking the mold, tweaking it and casting it very soon. The mask will be a full kit (straps and all) and you'll just need to paint it.

I delegating some responsiblity while I make this move. So I'm very excited..and I'm going to make sure everyone is set before C6. I hope to see a ton of Sith there!! I'll keep everyone posted!! :D

...sorry for the quick post...but I'm beat...and I got a ton more to do..lol.

\m/ SITH \m/

Alright, Brother, has Andy got that mold done yet? I know he has had some personal stuff going on. I guess I am going to need to ride over there too at lease check out the mask. :lol:

You guys are doing a fantastic job on these.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Did some more painting of the mask today, just some red details.

Paint used: Citadel - Scab Red or as it's called now Khorne Red.

th_IMG_1380.jpg

Guest darren1970

Great looking paintjob on the mask mate. 8)

I think I'll be going for the silver/black look from the 'Hope' trailer.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Cheers mate, Vepariga from my garrison has done his with the black and a touch of red like mine and it looks great.

Also put some padding in the mask today as well, it sits real nice now, might just put some elastic across the back to secure it.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Hey guy's just want some oppinions, thoughts on this, I saw this on ebay and sent them a message about geting one done without the neck seal and the detail on the body but with the quilted arms.

Do you guys think this would be close to what we're after for the Acolyte jacket?

th_1a3a_3.jpg

Guest darren1970

Are the quilted arms definately a 'leather' type of fabric?

I was hoping to go for quilted nylon on mine ( to give it a bit of a sheen ).

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

That's the thing, I can't find anything confirms they are Black Leather, we know the Jedi have black leather quilted arms but that's Jedi.

Man I wish I had a dollar for every time I've watched those videos in slow mo. :P

From the very small and very quick glimpses I have seen, they look to be more of a charcoal grey.

If anyone has some definitive proof that the arms are quilted Black Leather Vader type arms PM me if you can't post them here.

I know we've mentioned this before but I have seen nothing so far to convince me the arems are black and not grey.

Guest Anonymous

Sith_Deceived10.jpg

Sith_Hope27.jpg

It just does not look like it's black from these photos. The bottom one especially makes them look greyish even with the lighting. In comparison you can see Zallow's up top that do look black.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah that's pretty much what I get, there's no doubt the Jedi have black leather but the Sith definitely look like a charcoal grey material to me.

Guest darren1970

They do look like a dark gray on the Acolyte.

Still not convinved on a leather look though. It seems a little too dull to be leather.

D.

Guest Anonymous

Now I am really confused! Look at the costumes used for the release of SWTOR flash mob. Looks black to me!

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah we're not using those as referance, the only thing we can really go off of are the trailers.