• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

I've been looking at the chest armor. I know TK-7100 painted the very center black, where the right and left sides join. It's hard to tell from a lot of shots because the armor looks so dark, but I found a few shots where it looks like the center joining section matches the color of the rest of the chest armor. I think I may keep the entire chest piece the same silver-metallic color, except for the accent lines.

Does anyone have any input?

SithGreatChestshot.jpg

SithChest2.jpg

SithChest3.jpg

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah I agree, here's a shot from the Hope trailer, not the best but you can see the joining section matches the rest of the armour.

Acolytechest.png

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone have any good photos of the gauntlets? I got my armor set in the mail today, but they don't look right. I am hoping I can mod them to look more accurate.

Thanks for any help.

Guest TK-7100

Quick update... :wink:

I'm getting into a new house! So I been suuuper bogged down. So here's the scoop. Being I took down my shop for the time being while I build it back up (this time in my home! Woohoo!)...the Back...Boot Armor...Belt buckle...Butt...Elbows ... are being formed by next week. I'll have ten sets avail very soon. I have a close buddy forming them while I get back up and running.

The mask... (eee I feel like a giddy school girl lol) ....my mold is off to Andy (EVO 3). He's a very close buddy (and once my XO when I was SL). I know most of you know his work, so you can just imagine. He's taking the mold, tweaking it and casting it very soon. The mask will be a full kit (straps and all) and you'll just need to paint it.

I delegating some responsiblity while I make this move. So I'm very excited..and I'm going to make sure everyone is set before C6. I hope to see a ton of Sith there!! I'll keep everyone posted!! :D

...sorry for the quick post...but I'm beat...and I got a ton more to do..lol.

\m/ SITH \m/

Guest MRJEDI21

I wonder what you full armor kit will look like. I know you did great on the finger and cannister thingy. You should show your mold for the mask?

Guest TK-7100
I wonder what you full armor kit will look like. I know you did great on the finger and cannister thingy. You should show your mold for the mask?

Once I get settled I will. My pics are on my main machine, and I still have to run all the cat5 in the house. So I'm workin on my laptop atm. I'm pushin for C6...so hang tight. :wink:

_Jaster":3ldllh23]Looks good mate, what material you use for the robe?

Thanks! I think it turned out really nice. I used a waffle weave fabric, originally two sets of shower curtains. It was just barely enough fabric....

_Jaster":e3xv21ks]Looks good mate, what material you use for the robe?

Thanks! I think it turned out really nice. I used a waffle weave fabric, originally two sets of shower curtains. It was just barely enough fabric....

...aw that's just BRILLIANT.

:mrgreen:

Guest MRJEDI21

What primer did you use on the resin or plastic? Did you use special primer or just any kind?

What primer did you use on the resin or plastic? Did you use special primer or just any kind?

I am guessing you are talking about the glove armor-- I used an adhesion promoter from an auto shop (Dupli-Color CP199 Clear Adhesion Promoter Prime). TK 7100 recommended it to me.

And for the sleeves, I ended up using the Jacquard Textile Colors from dickblick.com which Katie (Aysel) recommended. It looks great and went on really smoothly.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Got my saber today and one of the girls from my garrison is going to make my robe, I've also started painting my mask and armour.

After much research, I've found that the best match for the material is the heavy coat material, it has a similar texture weight and flow, so I'll be using that for my robe unless better referance becomes available.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Got some painting done today, just the chest, back, cod and butt and have also made a start on the mask.

For the armour I'm doing a 2 tone scheme, I've notices in the vids some parts are a bit lighter than others.

The lighting's not the best so I'll try and take better pics later.

th_IMG_1368.jpgth_IMG_1367.jpgth_IMG_1366.jpg

_Jaster":z31yekr7]Got some painting done today, just the chest, back, cod and butt and have also made a start on the mask.

For the armour I'm doing a 2 tone scheme, I've notices in the vids some parts are a bit lighter than others.

The lighting's not the best so I'll try and take better pics later.

Looking good! I actually like the way the mask looks with just one side painted in color-- it makes it look ominous.

Guest darren1970

Hi guys.

This costume is the reason I joined flagship eclipse. Your research and builds so far are excellent and you've definately inspired me to get started ( mask ordered today ).

Darren

Hi guys.

This costume is the reason I joined flagship eclipse. Your research and builds so far are excellent and you've definately inspired me to get started ( mask ordered today ).

Darren

Glad to have you on board! I can't wait to see what you are working on. :D