• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I think it will be very hard to find a matte leather type material for the arms (or is it leather?), I know you have great referance pics but for the rest of us we can only go on the referance avalible which is what the CRL's will go off.

I have a Vader top with a busted zip I was going to chop up and use, I was also thinking about seeing if I could just buy the top part of this Sith Apprentice Body Suit, and use that.

We seem to be the only 3 or 4 people looking at doing this costume at the moment, has anyone thought about writing the CRL's? I wouldn't mind collaborating on writing them with anyone if they're interested.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-7100
... and while we are talking fabric, can anyone give me help on the Vader Arms? (type of material, pattern, etc.) Thanks!

Hmm...don't really know about a pattern. Usally the Vader suits are premade to order, but my Wife is sewing them into the arms of my suit. Now from the HD pics I received, the Jedi are using exact Vader (that black glossy material), but the Sith are using a "matte" black ribbed look (no, doesn't make sence at all...should be the other way around). So she's using the same concept of the arms in the vest of my Biker Scout. I'll post pics when I update the rest of my progress. I hope that helps some.

Side note....I think the Sith should have that same black gloss Vader arm look, but I'm going after the actual Bioware images I have. I don't know how a CRL would handle this, but personally ... I think the Sith should have that "gloss" arm look. Now, I'm sticking to "matte" because I really didn't want to have any varriation from the pics.....but I'm still tempted to change my arms... :roll:

Thanks Christopher! I am sure the pics will help a lot.

On another note, I was wondering if you think it will be required to remove the right-center and left-center boxes from the AB piece to get 501 approval? I am definitely nervous about messing up on this item. I know there isn't a CRL written yet, so I am just asking for your opinion.

Well...can't answer that just yet. i'm going to put together my own CRL, and submit it, and let the higher ups make the final decisions. And give them my ref pics and data to go off of so they can set the final law.

Now, I didn't remove them being I wanted them there to have a nice mount for the real leather pouches. But I guess that would really be your own choice. Make sence?

Guest TK-7100
_Jaster":3ee9jw7d]I think it will be very hard to find a matte leather type material for the arms (or is it leather?), I know you have great referance pics but for the rest of us we can only go on the referance avalible which is what the CRL's will go off.

I have a Vader top with a busted zip I was going to chop up and use, I was also thinking about seeing if I could just buy the top part of this Sith Apprentice Body Suit, and use that.

We seem to be the only 3 or 4 people looking at doing this costume at the moment, has anyone thought about writing the CRL's? I wouldn't mind collaborating on writing them with anyone if they're interested.

Well not a matte leather, but same material of the Scout vest. There is one pic of the Sith that the arms look grey (CLEARLY)...but 3 others that are clearly black...BUT...no gloss. Personally, I don't think it should be that way...but BW did what BW did. ...wish I could show you... :cry:

Now, I didn't remove them being I wanted them there to have a nice mount for the real leather pouches. But I guess that would really be your own choice. Make sence?

You removed the two pieces to the sides of the center buckle. I was planning on keep the far edge pieces to mount the leather pouches, but am nervous about cutting out the other two.

If you do think it's required to cut them out, any tool suggestions?

Guest TK-7100

You removed the two pieces to the sides of the center buckle. I was planning on keep the far edge pieces to mount the leather pouches, but am nervous about cutting out the other two.

If you do think it's required to cut them out, any tool suggestions?

Ya the outside two, I kept to mount the pouches. The Sith's AB is totaly flat with two pouches. So in turn, I was trying to recreate the look. I would say as long as it's not visible, I don't see an issue. And for any fine detail work like that I use a Dremel.

The bits I use are ..

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories ... px?pid=199

&

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories ... px?pid=193

finish work... http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories ... px?pid=194

the cutoff cuts pretty thin so I used the cut peices to fill the spaces flat and fromt he backside I secure them in. Just make sure to heat, shape and fit the AB before filling the holes, filler & paint.

Also...just in case you do find yourself in a "goof" AFTER paint...never use paint stripper on ABS or resin. Use Dawn Power Dissolver. It will not harm ABS or resin and will strip any enamel, oil and water based paint. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dawn-Pretreat ... z/11045822

Guest TK-7100
Christopher, I was curious what you've done about the space between chest and AB plate. Here's a pic I saw from recent messages on the 501 forum "The Old Republic Sith Armor/Jedi Armor."

DSC01502.gif

That's clearly a Jedi AB. The Sith don't have the high risen section. I think Kevin is going after the Flash Mob video and not the actual BW pics.

Here's a low rez I can show ya on that..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ ... =sith9.jpg

That's clearly a Jedi AB. The Sith don't have the high risen section.

Wow- great attention to detail! When I look more closely at that pic I can tell the AB is smaller and then what I see above it is the bodysuit. Great job!

Guest TK-7100

That's clearly a Jedi AB. The Sith don't have the high risen section.

Wow- great attention to detail! When I look more closely at that pic I can tell the AB is smaller and then what I see above it is the bodysuit. Great job!

Ya, I see he's doing great work! ...but I'm strickly going off HD BW pics.

I'll tell ya this....I'm soooooo excited there might be a TON of us showing up in events soon!! YAY Sith Warriors!!! Ha! :twisted:

I'll tell ya this....I'm soooooo excited there might be a TON of us showing up in events soon!! YAY Sith Warriors!!! Ha! :twisted:

Absolutely! I haven't even started yet because I've been waiting to get as much info and parts as I can, but I am really excited! My mom is working on getting the robe right, I've bought the paints, paint pens, fabric, ammo pouches, and Dawn Power Dissolver... I think I am going to start trimming Kevin's armor this weekend. And once I get your armor I will get the boots. I still need to get the bodysuit and Vader Arms.... lots to do!

Any thought as to the lightsaber yet? Will you do the parade with a Vader saber?

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I got the gloves and yep they're not quite big enough, they fit but XL would be better, also got my ammo pouches.

For the lightsaber I've ordered the Ultrasabers Prophecy v3, has close to the right length and has light and sound, here's a comparison pic.

SithAcolyteSaber.jpg

Guest Anonymous

That's just inspiring what you guys accomplished so far! I'm planning to start working on one myself - once I can free up some time, that is. I just hope I can pull it off...

My two cents on the robe, by the way: To me it looks like the robes have a more coarse texture than, for example, Palpatine's black sith robes; they look more like the brown jedi robes as worn by Obi-Wan in ROTS. A coarse cotton weave could be a better fit than a waffle-style textured one. It's especially visible in the picture from the "Hope" trailer on the warrior with the "striped" mask, especially on his left sleeve hem.

Guest TK-7100
That's just inspiring what you guys accomplished so far! I'm planning to start working on one myself - once I can free up some time, that is. I just hope I can pull it off...

My two cents on the robe, by the way: To me it looks like the robes have a more coarse texture than, for example, Palpatine's black sith robes; they look more like the brown jedi robes as worn by Obi-Wan in ROTS. A coarse cotton weave could be a better fit than a waffle-style textured one. It's especially visible in the picture from the "Hope" trailer on the warrior with the "striped" mask, especially on his left sleeve hem.

Ya that's what mine is. It's a monk cloth type fabric...thing. lol I can't sew myself out of a paper bag...that's all the Wifey. The robe she made me is pretty heavy. And here in So FL....SWW is gonna be brutal in that thing. :roll:

My two cents on the robe, by the way: To me it looks like the robes have a more coarse texture than, for example, Palpatine's black sith robes; they look more like the brown jedi robes as worn by Obi-Wan in ROTS. A coarse cotton weave could be a better fit than a waffle-style textured one. .

Ya that's what mine is. It's a monk cloth type fabric...thing. lol I can't sew myself out of a paper bag...that's all the Wifey. The robe she made me is pretty heavy. And here in So FL....SWW is gonna be brutal in that thing. :roll:

For now, I guess I'll have to hope that it won't make a difference in the CRLs. I suppose I can always order a different fabric if it's absolutely required... :(

Guest Anonymous

Without having given the video a closer look, is this what they used for the flashmob?

By the way, do you think that a certain lightsaber style will be required to be worn with the costume? For while I've seen these guys dubbed "Sith Acolytes" all over the web, at least one of them is a full-fledged Sith Lord; and the term "Sith Warrior" for the whole lot of them has been tossed around quite a bit. It makes sense at least for Adraas to have his own customized weapon with him. Also there are differences in the forehead/cheek designs of the masks between the fighting on Alderaan and the Sacking of Coruscant - there's either been a change in fashion, different masks have been issued for different campaigns or there've been differences to begin with.

Is there additional information about this in "Deceived" (the Malgus novel)? Didn't read it yet, I'm waiting for the paperback.

I can tell you that, besides the cosmetic differences between the mask colors and detailing and a basic overlay of weathering on the various armor parts, all of the figures used for the Sith Acolytes were identical. I have this directly from Three of the animators who worked on the Cinematic Trailers for Blur.

Guest Anonymous

I joined specifically to read up on this costume. Haven't done anything since I finished my Fett almost a year ago (said it was my last costume...) but got the itch for this costume and the Juggernaut PVP kit.

Are you guys using the Imperial Surplus (KW)'s Jedi armor and modding it?

I was thinking to get one of his kits and mod/add parts to it. Thoughts?

Also, awesome work! It's looking good!

Guest TK-7100
I joined specifically to read up on this costume. Have done anything since I finished my Fett almost a year ago (said it was my last costume...) but got the itch for this costume and the Juggernaut PVP kit.

Are you guys using the Imperial Surplus (KW)'s Jedi armor and modding it?

I was thinking to get one of his kits and mod/add parts to it. Thoughts?

Also, awesome work! It's looking good!

Yes. It's all Kev's armor and I'm modding it. I'm writing a tutorial as I go to help others. Also making the parts needed to finish the look. I'll have info on that as well very soon.