• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Malgus Costume

Guest TB4097

Greetings all,

Names John, and I am a 501st member (TB and BH) and I am under taking Malgus as my next kit. I am lucky enough to have some super friends that have the necessary tools to get this project done. Right now we are in the preliminary stages, getting all the details hammered out. The hard armor will be rapid prototyped, and the soft goods are what we are working on now. We want to do justice to this excellent character, so we are cutting no corners. I am hoping this weekend to have more information and some of the preliminary drawings/designs up for display.

If you need any help, do not be afraid to ask. I am currently in the dissection process for this costume, but am also planning to make this one. I'm using craft foam (EVA foam) as a base with some sintra as a base for the hard armor.

Which variation are you shooting for? Deceived, Hope, or Return?

If you'd like some help, here are a "couple" of screen captures from all three.

Deceived

Hope

Return

I foresee 2012 as being the year of really good SW:TOR costumes! I really hope we'll get to see quite a few of them at Celebration next summer. (He he... gonna be so cool...)

I'll be looking forward to progress pics!

Pam :-)

Okay, I'm back from beta testing now that the servers are down until launch... [twitch, twitch]

I would like to point you down to Darth Malgus. It is my build thread and I will be uploading a new dissection by the end of the week. This dissection will include pictures and helpful hints for building your Malgus.

One of the good things about my in-game time is that I was able to see the in-game Darth Malgus as well as the various Mangus-like costume parts. I saw some details that may not be as detailed as the cinematic, but show me a little better view of the items.