• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Imperial Knight now Rebel Legion Approved

Koda Vonnor

After long discussion, the IK is now an approved Rebel Legion costume.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34825

~ Vonnor

I noticed the standards posting on the RL forum the other day, and had a "Heh, cool!" moment. (Then I giggled to myself because it brought to mind the Robin Hood scene with Will and the catapult.)

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

It was definitely an interesting discussion. The final logic was that in Legacy they are about as close to consistently "good" as any character.

More and more the lines between good and bad are blurred...

In my opinion, whatever that's worth to ya, the RL is the right place for the Imperial Knights since they definately weren't villains.

At one point in the run, one of the Knights reminds Emperor Fel that their duty is to prevent the Emperor from turning to the Dark Side. They spend the whole series fighting against Krayt's people, and working alongside the Jedi and Cade's crew.

Maybe if the series had gotten to continue we would have eventually seen the Empire return to what we expect from an Empire in Star Wars, but with the cancellation, and what felt like a really overly rushed ending....we didn't get to see that.

Doesn't make them any less cool looking :-)

Guest Anonymous

Agreed. It goes against all normal logic for both clubs. Imperial Knights, cogs on the armor. Seems pretty straight forward!

But in reality, I think they fit much better there.

Love that it got approved somewhere. Had hoped for 501st, but totally understand the reasoning.

Too bad they restrict the boots to one specific style, though. Them things is tough to find in my size and budget :(

Guest Daritha

I think, the 501st will get their hand on the IK as well sometime. After all, they ARE Imperial Knights. Its a blurry line like with the Clone Troopers.

Anyway, about the boots: I think that the Standards about the boots will change over time. When I did my research, I stumbled about more than three different boot types. Black ones in the comics up to 30s, with an exception in comic no. 8/9 where the Knights good black boots with a different design and black shin guards. And, since issue 40-something they have brown boots which are reminding me a lot of Anakin's Episode III boots without the front lap.

ref01.jpg

Jedi? Better. ;)

Hope you're right about that. Seems I'm going to have to make my boots from some other riding or engineer boots. Luckily, I like working on things like that. It's just kinda tough to find a good base in a small size that isn't ungodly expensive :P

Really diggin your IK, by the way. Nice job :)

Guest Anonymous

Does this mean the 501st will not consider the costume if an application is submitted?

I think this costume being aproved by the RL is wrong, they have no place for it. They have no category for it.

An IK does not serve the New Republic, we serve the Empire, we are called Imperials for a reason, we have fought both Sith, and Jedi.

We serve the legal ruler of the Empire, and protect that which the Empire represents.

Imperial Knights are the evolution of the Royal Guard and Soverigon Protectors, we are Imperial, we are the Praetorians!

Those who know their Roman history know we serve the Gov't body (not the emperor "blindly"), and have taken out Caesar if he threatens the Empire, now that the Legacy War issues are complete, you know we did exactly that when the Emperor went astray.

As you can see I am a little passionate about this issue, I do not wish to be associated in this costume as a Rebel. I have not rebelled against my legal gov't authority, I still protect and serve it.

Hero vs Villain category does not fit this character costume issue, and should be reviewed.

When Imperial Knights are at Cons, we don't join Rebel group pictures, we join 501st!

Dragon Con, CV we are with other Imperials not Rebels.

Daritha: It was pointed out to me that the boots can also be plain, black riding style boots (just below the knee) with a buckle at the top, but no other ornamentation. So I can deal with this much easier than I had anticipated.

I would really like to see this costume get dual approvals as a good case can be made for both sides.

Guest A'Sharad Hett

My fault, I started this all :>

I wanted to put my wife into the other Legion and as per charter, being IKs heroes and good guys I asked for the costume to be added to the standards. But I also think they have a place in 501st, as per charter they are indeed Imperial :>

No, I'm not a lawyer, just evil inside :D

Guest Anonymous
Does this mean the 501st will not consider the costume if an application is submitted?

No, it means no such thing.

There are plenty of costumes that are dual membership (clones for example).

I think this costume being aproved by the RL is wrong, they have no place for it. They have no category for it.

You are of course welcome to that opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a done deal, and isn't going to be reversed.

The 501st has no category or place for them either at the moment. That just means that when we get a submission that we consider complete and of sufficient quality, we will make a place, just like the Rebels did.

When Imperial Knights are at Cons, we don't join Rebel group pictures, we join 501st!

Dragon Con, CV we are with other Imperials not Rebels.

When you are at a con, you do not join Rebel group pictures. That does not mean that other Knights who are in the Rebel Legion will not.

This is really no different than clones. Some clones choose to only be 501st. Some choose to only be Rebel Legion. Some choose both. You can do with your costume what you want.