• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

master robs revan(Clasp suggestions)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Im interested in master robs revan suit. Im sure i read some where some adjustments will need to be made to become approved. Could some one please tell me what would need to be done?

Edit: Link removed by DL. Sorry, we're not supposed to link to unlicensed sellers.

Guest Anonymous

Rob's armor is great, but there is a few things that you need to add to make it approvable.

- Gloves(black, prefereably leather)

- Balaclava(black)

- 4 metal(silver colored) hooks that you attach to the front armor

- Boots(black, prefereably leather)

- Shirt(black, I used one with a turtleneck)

-Pants(black)

- Lightsaber(optional)

Those are the things that I can remember right now.

that remains to be seen, it depends on how it fits you and if it'll need to be fitted to you let alone any of the small changes that might need to be made

^_^ Katie

Guest Wickedfluxx

I have an order into Rob for a Revan myself and am very excited to receive it soon!

In regards to the 4 hooks, are you talking about the 4 "o" rings (that I have pointed out here from a pic off of Rob's site) on the front that need to be changed to hooks?

RobsRevanArmorHook.jpg

I want to be sure that I know exactly what is being referenced as I have been comparing the CRL pictures to Rob's more than once :lol:.

You are correct. He puts the rings instead of clips on all his sales, and we end up having to tell people to correct them. A few have slipped through, but most are told to go back and revise them.

800px-SL_revan_cuirass.jpg

(Broken img link replaced with current CRL image by DarthTagion)

Here are a couple easy solutions that I've seen people use:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-u ... 1-498.aspx

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-u ... 8-020.aspx

Pam :-)

Guest Wickedfluxx

Thanks Pam, appreciate the heads up!

Any recommendation on sizes (5/8", 3/4" and 1")? I'm guessing larger sizes for the top two and smaller for the bottom just from the picture alone.

Guest Wickedfluxx
Thanks Pam, appreciate the heads up!

Any recommendation on sizes (5/8", 3/4" and 1")? I'm guessing larger sizes for the top two and smaller for the bottom just from the picture alone.

Just to follow up, I ordered 2 of the 'oval spring snaps' (5/8") for the top two rings and then used a couple of lanyard trigger snaps that I had leftover from an event badge for the bottom two rings.

Armor came in today and already modded it. They worked like a champ!

Guest Anonymous

LOL should've read this before posting my own topic about the rings!! All good though, thanks for asking the question!

still wondering how to attach them but i'll figure it out :)

Guest Wickedfluxx
LOL should've read this before posting my own topic about the rings!! All good though, thanks for asking the question!

still wondering how to attach them but i'll figure it out :)

If you have one of Rob's Revans, I can walk you through what I did. I'll add a pic as well today.

Guest Wickedfluxx

Here's a couple of pictures of my modded Rob Revan. Hopefully this will qualify when I finally get around to putting the gear on and taking some pictures for submittal :lol:!

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

I will most certainly give my approval for those clips. I know that it's impossible to get a perfect match without custom designing the clips, but you've done a fine job of getting really close! I'm very pleased with the results.

I spoke to the legion membership officer about the shoulder clips recently because it's continuing to be an area of concern. We are trying to balance the requirement for proper costume pieces with the knowledge that it's dififcult to find some of those pieces. The 501st is all about striving to make the most accurate costumes possible, but the EU has costume pieces that just don't always exist in real life. It's a tough thing to balance, so this is what we settled on:

Darth Revan costumes will be approved with the thin, inaccurate rings, but the approval will come with the caveat of "replace the rings with more accurate clips as soon as you can locate them." In other words, don't just throw your money at the costume maker and decide that the costume is done when it arrives. Keep working to make it more accurate, as we all do with 501st costumes. We don't want to hold up people's approvals because of some small rings, but we don't want people to stop working on making their costumes more accurate, either.

Guest Wickedfluxx
I will most certainly give my approval for those clips. I know that it's impossible to get a perfect match without custom designing the clips, but you've done a fine job of getting really close! I'm very pleased with the results.

I spoke to the legion membership officer about the shoulder clips recently because it's continuing to be an area of concern. We are trying to balance the requirement for proper costume pieces with the knowledge that it's dififcult to find some of those pieces. The 501st is all about striving to make the most accurate costumes possible, but the EU has costume pieces that just don't always exist in real life. It's a tough thing to balance, so this is what we settled on:

Darth Revan costumes will be approved with the thin, inaccurate rings, but the approval will come with the caveat of "replace the rings with more accurate clips as soon as you can locate them." In other words, don't just throw your money at the costume maker and decide that the costume is done when it arrives. Keep working to make it more accurate, as we all do with 501st costumes. We don't want to hold up people's approvals because of some small rings, but we don't want people to stop working on making their costumes more accurate, either.

Thanks Pam, I was very happy with how it came out as well!

Just need to get those pictures taken and submitted! After the holidays, things should slow down enough for me to :lol:!

I have ordered 4 of these clips:

http://www.buckleguy.com/b6915-5-8-nickel-matte-plated-swivel-lever-snap-solid-zinc/

They look the part and are a good length. I got my Revan stuff from Rob about a week ago and I have already modded the mask for it. Depending on where the smaller clip is I am actually going to clear out a little line and get rid of that wire for that strap and use one of the straps I ripped off of the mask to make it a little closer to home. I am also going to move the hole for that strap back some as there is only 1" of space between the edge of the armor and the wire.