• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ha! I did it! I did it!

Twi'lek Pam

Hi, everyone.

It took a while, but I have officially accomplished a miracle!

That's right.... MY E-MAIL INBOX IS EMPTY!! BWAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry it took me a while to get caught up and active on the boards again. I came home from our vacation to find a very full mailbox, so I've been working away at it ever since (wimpering every time another "you've got mail" chime sounded.) Since coming home, I have read and replied to exactly 196 emails... and about a dozen or so PM's as well, though I still have at least another dozen PM's to answer. I promise I'll try to finish answering those as quickly as I can, and then I'll get started catching up on the discussion threads I missed during my absence. Thank you again to the folks who kept an eye on things while I was gone. It was really nice to know that the forum was in good hands while I was internet free!

And now... the pictures! (Well, a few of them, anyway. I took over 300!)

The beautiful state of Oregon:

Oregon.jpg

Star Wars geeks atop the Space Needle. Seattle, Washington:

SpaceNeedle.jpg

A pastel sunset near Victoria, BC:

VictoriaSunset.jpg

Another beautiful state... Alaska:

TracyArm.jpg

The Mendenhall Glacier:

Glacier.jpg

Aww.... crud. I just heard the "you've got mail" chime. The miracle is over, folks! Move along, move along...

Whales! I loved seeing whales day after day!

Whale.jpg

WhaleSpouts.jpg

Scott living his dream on a zipline.

ScottZipLine.jpg

The beach near where we set off for a drizzly morning of kayaking. I suspect it's a good thing that we didn't spot any orcas until the following day. If we'd spotted them before this, I think Scott and I both would have had some issues with kayaking out into deep water!

KayakBeach.jpg

This picture was taken after 11:30 at night. It was fascinating to see how the twilight lasted so long... it never really got dark at night!

AlaskaDusk.jpg

*chime* GAHH! More mail!? No fair...

Pam :-)

Guest Aysel

you were here in Oregon and did drop by?

looks like you had some absolutely beautiful scenery

but the next time you guys are up here you gotta drop CCG a line and we'll do dinner with everyone somewhere

Guest Anonymous

That area of the country will always continue to look beautiful. I actually have a relative that lives across the Bay up there, can't remember where exactly or what the relation is but the last time I visited there was back when I was about 12 years old, have'nt been back since but I sure do miss it. It's a lot more peaceful there than it is here in Arkansas.