• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Talon specs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone

Just wanting to know if Darth Talon is permitted to wear pants?? I have seen pics of her wearing pants but wanted to know if its ok?

I want to do Talon with pants as im in the process of losing weight and until i get to my goal wondered if it was ok

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work on all your costumes

Hey everyone

Just wanting to know if Darth Talon is permitted to wear pants?? I have seen pics of her wearing pants but wanted to know if its ok?

I want to do Talon with pants as im in the process of losing weight and until i get to my goal wondered if it was ok

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work on all your costumes

I wish she did! If she had, I'd be so much more comfortable with the idea of wearing that costume! But, I'm afraid that she only wears the bikini bottom and thigh high boots. Pants are not approvable for the 501st. I've seen quite a few girls wearing pants with their Talon costumes for events and conventions, which is fine, they're just not 501st costumes.

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

Well, you could wear skin-tight pants. You have to color your legs either way, so you could airbrush them for the approval pictures and wear right-colored/"tattooed" pants for the normal events.

Our German Darth Nihl does that with her costume (mostly due to time savings with not being forced to airbrush the legs too).

Guest Anonymous

In some of the concept pictures, even the comic book ones, and on a very lovely statue of Talon, the bikini top looks more like armor plating rather than leather. It is very similar in appearance to the armor on her arms and legs. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Would it be plausible to build a bikini top, for the standard, that is of the same material as the bikini bottom but has the armor laid over top of it, so long as the material follows the cut of the armor? Rather than make it out of leather/leatherette material?

Guest Anonymous

If memory serves, Twi'lek Pam actually talked to the character designer responsible for Talon, and was told that ideally both the top and bottom of the bikini would be completely leather, other than the plates on front and back on the bottom, so any references in the comic you see where there is armor instead of leather are coloring mistakes. Statuettes are often not completely to standard as well, so building a costume strictly to a statuette reference is usually not approvable, from what I've researched.

Guest Anonymous
I always thought that Talons bikini top is made from leather with metal plates put on the leather.

Ditto. That's what I'm planning on doing with my third verison of Talon. Or well, plastic that looks like metal on top really..

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm, not according to the comic I have. I'm looking at the 3rd volume of Star Trek Legacy. Pages 27, 78, 79, 86, 87 have some good close-ups and other views, and in every single shot it appears to be black leather, no sign of metal.

st_legacy_pcsleeve_front.jpg

Hmmm, not according to the comic I have. I'm looking at the 3rd volume of Star Trek Legacy.

Stark Trek Legacy aside, the material hard armour is made from should not be a sticking point for costume approval.

Courtenay's Darth Talon was near perfect in 2006;

SWCIV%20DrtTlnHt.jpg

The costume was deferred on advise of a very particular Legion Council for revision to the ear buds and boot type. (Darth Talon may not wear much to battle, but she definitely does not wear heels.)

TopV.jpg

As the originating source, the Jan Duursema comic panels--and not cover images--should be considered the primary reference for the character.

Be well,

Thomas