• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello Everyone!! I'm looking to start up a costume!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone!! I am currently a Rebel Legion member from IL. I have also been an active photographer/costume supporter of the 501st for almost 4 years now. I am getting an IC together, but I was looking for a face character. I absolutely love The Clone Wars and I figured I'd try out a costume from that. A member of the garrison just got his Count Dooku approved and that got me thinking... I'd love to do an Asajj Ventress costume. I was actually thinking about her outfit in the last few episodes that she was in. She is wearing a mini long sleeved dress...

This is the costume...

asajjinline1294264968.jpg

My problem is that I have no idea how to sew... I've assembled armor and paint/weathered it. So I guess I'm actually looking for someone who has the skills to let me commission them. I'm going to spend some time looking on the boards and hopefully I'll get something together.

Oh, my name is Janine!! :D

Let’s see… Quick and dirty dissection for the non-sewing inclined… Hmm…

Long sleeve dance body suit with the red velvet sash thing sewn to the front.

Leather/pleather gauntlets that go down the hand (may need help sewing it).

Three plates of sintra with leather/elastic straps on each arm with buckles

Thigh-high stockings

Black leather boots (imp-officer high, but probably a less shiny material of leather).

Sintra plates on the front of the boot (cut and formed) strapped on with three leather/elastic straps with buckles.

The hood/mask will have to be sewn.

The neck piece could be made out of sintra.

You’ll need some sewing, but not much. The makeup, on the other hand, is up to you.

Guest Anonymous
Let’s see… Quick and dirty dissection for the non-sewing inclined… Hmm…

Long sleeve dance body suit with the red velvet sash thing sewn to the front.

Leather/pleather gauntlets that go down the hand (may need help sewing it).

Three plates of sintra with leather/elastic straps on each arm with buckles

Thigh-high stockings

Black leather boots (imp-officer high, but probably a less shiny material of leather).

Sintra plates on the front of the boot (cut and formed) strapped on with three leather/elastic straps with buckles.

The hood/mask will have to be sewn.

The neck piece could be made out of sintra.

You’ll need some sewing, but not much. The makeup, on the other hand, is up to you.

Yeah I figured that if it came down to it, I might be able to get away with minimal sewing. I'm an artist and draw/paint a lot, so the body paint won't be an issue. In fact, I was going to do her costume without the hood, that way it would be even easier to see who I was. I am just wondering since this costume isn't on the CRLs or on the 501st site, would it be approved?? And if so, how do I know exactly what colors to use? I mean because, to me, her boots look more dark gray than black.

Guest Anonymous

Currently there is not a CRL for this costume of this character, there are many other options for this character however. Creation of a CRL takes a lot of time, patience, and it really takes someone dedicated to tracking down the information, ie reference pictures from multiple sources. You might want to join in the conversation they are having here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1893 I would say its a worthy endeavor for this costume, just know it wont be approved till its perfect. Just my two cents ;)

Currently there is not a CRL for this costume of this character, there are many other options for this character however. Creation of a CRL takes a lot of time, patience, and it really takes someone dedicated to tracking down the information, ie reference pictures from multiple sources. You might want to join in the conversation they are having here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1893 I would say its a worthy endeavor for this costume, just know it wont be approved till its perfect. Just my two cents ;)

Ditto!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the link to that thread!! I received an email from LadyB's husband that she was looking into makin the costume and might be able to assist me. He had mentioned that the best way to contact her is by email or phone, and to be honest, I am literally on my computer for 10 minutes then I am off running around or at work. The summer time is when I'll be done with school, so that's when I'll begin the project (or commission someone...). I really appreciate you guys helping me out! I've seem some very nice Ventresses at CV and I hope to add to that pile for CIV.