• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello from Denmark

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How to do this? Well, whatever, I'll just jump into it...

HI THERE! :D

I'm from Denmark (duh, the title says so), 22 years old, female, human. I basically joined this forum to discuss costume making. I've been making costumes for...2 years? Something like that. And I've been sewing for about just as long. This January I threw myself into the wonderful world of making latex lekku.

I've attended some danish star wars 'cons' through skywalker.dk (a danish sw forum), often battling kids in an arena in costume and with toy sabers. The kids love that (sadistic little huttlings... *ahem!* :wink: )

Well, just thought I would say hi, and let you know why I'm here. *smiles big and waves happily*

Guest Anonymous

Hi and welcome!

I think you'll find Pam an excellent resource for ideas on those lekku. Her's are of legend. :D

Can't wait to see yours!

Guest Anonymous

Oi, second day here, and I've already a neighbor! Joy! :D *continues the happy waving*

I'm in a dangerous costuming mode these days, so the hardest answer to find is which costume to make :roll:

I'm in a dangerous costuming mode these days, so the hardest answer to find is which costume to make :roll:

Did you have a particular costume/costumes you wanted to start with?

Happy to help if I can.

Guest Anonymous

Haha! Oh, well, I'd like to upgrade my dark jedi (which was my first costume, and I've learned a thing or two since then), and my jedi (which I've actually never worn, but the outer tunic is... meh). Then some of the girls in the group I'm normally out costuming with say we need more face characters, and that I should make an Aayla Secura with my new lekku. Problem is, while I was reading comics about her for research, I found that I liked Quinlan Vos much better, and I'm thinking about making a female version of him (since I haven't exactly the masculine build to go for a male version :wink: )

And while writing this, I suddenly remember that I wanted to do a Juno Eclipse (imperial uniform). I already have most of the pieces for the jacket cut out, just waiting for me to do something about it :roll:

Guest Mara Jade

Well, since this is hello from Denmark I'll steal your topic Dust, muahahaha ;)

Nice to see you here, btw ;)

I'm from Denmark too, and I've been into the costuming world for...4 years or something, but I've only just recently started making my own costumes. I've made too by myself so far (so not true, could not have done it without Dust ;) ): A Mustafar Padmé, and a Refugee Mara Jade (I've linked to some pictures elsewhere on this board :) )

Like Dust, I've attended quite a few Danish cons, where the main objective is to set up a fighting arena and battle kids all day. When we're going wild, it's a four day event, in which we duel kids from 10.00 am till 5.00 pm - it usually end up with us being in excruciating pain ;)

Anyways, I'm hoping to find some way to have my Refugee Mara approved by the 501st :)

*waves*

Guest Anonymous

Ooh, Mara, my endless source of costuming exp! :D *waves back* stealing my topic are you, hm?? Ah, well, come look at all these nice people I've found! *big, proud smile* (can I keep them? :lol: )

Guest Mara Jade

Found? Technically, I think I had a user before you, so I found them fiiiiiirst, haha.

So, I get to keep them most...

Ahem...so, lets not scare the nice people away ;)