• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nightsister WIP

JayLinds

Hi everyone! 
I’m new to the 501st and hoping that Ventress’ Nightsister will be my first approved build. Been looking through older threads for information and I think I’m making decent headway in starting to assemble all the supplies that I will need. 
Looks like @ladyb used a crushed taffeta for the sash (guessing off of a dead link to a disco’d Joann fabric) and since that looks fabulous I did some googling. 
Ordering fabric from the internet makes me a little twitchy, but this looks right and the store has good reviews. I would love some opinions before I order! https://bigzfabric.com/index.php/crushed-taffeta-fabric-burgundy-sold-by-the-yard.html
Thanks ☺️ 

Jay

Yes, I used a taffeta that was just normal JoAnnes stock but it appears to have been not available for a while. 

That does look similar. So long as it isn't too shiny it could work well. 

Do tell if Michael @ionicdesign and I can assist. 

• Like 1

A little more poking found that that place will let you order samples so I’m going to dig through their inventory and order some samples. 

I found Michael’s template file for the greaves (so helpful, thank you!!). Is there a more close up, head on picture of the brooches somewhere? I think I have an idea of the shapes.