Jump to content
  • Announcement

    Welcome to the forums!

    If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

    If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

    -DV

Second sister build


Jay Kim
 Share

Recommended Posts

Edit:

- To get the neck seal: https://www.facebook.com/groups/383908509128812/user/100001556202411 French Garrison member Cedric is selling the CRL approved one in runs of 10. Check his post. There is a current run going.

- Saw the velcro is used to attach the parts.

 

 

-------

Hello. I am currently building the Second Sister so thank you for sharing your build!

I have some question sif it is possible for you to help :)

 

- May I ask where did you get the neck seal? This is a piece I am missing. 

- How did you attach the cap to your shoulders? As well as the front part of the jacket on the side?

 

Thank you very much ^^.

Edited by Pamigu
Found answer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2021 at 8:13 AM, Zamna said:

Hi! Can i ask you what fabrics did you used? I'm getting mad searching and i'm not happy with my findings... T_T

 

On 4/19/2021 at 11:16 PM, Joak said:

Any news on the fabric used?

Enviado desde mi SM-M205FN mediante Tapatalk
 

 

I used twill for tunic, pants and cape lining

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 5:20 PM, Pamigu said:

Edit:

- To get the neck seal: https://www.facebook.com/groups/383908509128812/user/100001556202411 French Garrison member Cedric is selling the CRL approved one in runs of 10. Check his post. There is a current run going.

- Saw the velcro is used to attach the parts.

 

 

-------

Hello. I am currently building the Second Sister so thank you for sharing your build!

I have some question sif it is possible for you to help :)

 

- May I ask where did you get the neck seal? This is a piece I am missing. 

- How did you attach the cap to your shoulders? As well as the front part of the jacket on the side?

 

Thank you very much ^^.

 

I ordered my neck seal from Cedric too! Sorry for the late check^^;

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jay Kim said:

 

I ordered my neck seal from Cedric too! Sorry for the late check^^;

Thank you and no problem. I am missing a seamstress at the moment cause I can't sew and it is proving difficult. But all the other pieces are ordered ^^

Congrats of being part of the TFE ^^

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic. It's good to know that even without a finalized CRL, a build like this can be approved. It really proves that leadership is more interested in great costuming than the "letter of the law." Makes me proud to be a member here. And....your work is exquisite.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I have been scouring the internet for a 501st approved second sister suit. I have the helmet for my wife but need a full suit. If anyone knows where I can get one or who can make one for me i’m ready to pay!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FindTheHolocron said:

it got deleted?

Hehe. No. I deleted my comment. I am having trouble with Tapatalk and originally responded with a link to THIS thread. I created a loop that made no sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, Gomcse said:

Fantastic. It's good to know that even without a finalized CRL, a build like this can be approved. It really proves that leadership is more interested in great costuming than the "letter of the law." Makes me proud to be a member here. And....your work is exquisite.

Aww. This comment made my day. So glad to be here and meet a fellow like you! Thanks^__^

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

really great work! I have a question. The Zipper of the Boots need to be on the outside for the 501 approval. But on Crowprops i only see the boots with zipper on the inside and no cover? 

Thanks :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Ashlyn_Dubreas

Love the costume. I am currently hunting down a fabric to use for the yoke of the cape but am getting a bit lost. What did you use for the yoke?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 2:07 AM, Guest Sarah said:

really great work! I have a question. The Zipper of the Boots need to be on the outside for the 501 approval. But on Crowprops i only see the boots with zipper on the inside and no cover? 

Thanks :) 

Hi. Zipper is inconspicuous on the outside, and puller is hidden by a black leather tab.  So it is hard to see from the outside.

In the game shots, when you look at the boots, you can't see the zipper on the outside of the boots. But you can see the line that is presumed to be the location of the zipper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 4:44 AM, Guest Ashlyn_Dubreas said:

Love the costume. I am currently hunting down a fabric to use for the yoke of the cape but am getting a bit lost. What did you use for the yoke?

I bought the fabric from my friend that use to make Officer's rain poncho.

I don't know the exact name of the fabric but I just wanted to use a waterproof-like fabric. I'm sorry I couldn't help you. T_T

Edited by Jay Kim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...