• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

gapcomics - the gap is back

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

Some might know of my little webcomic - gapcomics - for some time now. I'm still struggling at the art but I hope I'll be better in a not too distant future (also, this way, I can watch my progress). However, in the strip from December 24, 2009 I made a little hint for a future storyline: No. Eleven: The Force is strong in this country

Issue 34 marks the beginning of named storyline - a visit of my protagonists to Germany and, "purely coincidental", the visit of a Star Wars Convention. I hope it will entertain you at least a bit:

gapcomics_34___Star_Wars_by_Daritha.png

When the actual strips are starting with issue 40, I will post them here, but you can also follow me on twitter, Facebook, studiVZ, or deviantART for updates.

But the most important thing: Have fun, laugh a bit and remember good times of your own. :)

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_45___for_the_ladies_by_Daritha.png

Ashley Eckstein's "Her Universe" is announced!!

http://www.gapcomics.net/

http://daritha.deviantart.com/art/gapco ... -164841502

Although I'm by gender not the target group for this fashion I'm very happy for my fellow female fans that they'll have form-fitting and sexy and comfy and whatelse stylish Star Wars clothes. In this light, this little strip here is to be seen as my part in distributing the idea over the globe (kind of). However, have fun with this one!

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_46___true_story_by_Daritha.png

No joke! This really happened during Jedi-Con this year! And that's the photo that resulted: Link

By the way: The "Her Universe" strip was a blast. So much people liked it and I even was mentioned on the official "Her Universe" twitter and Facebook pages. 8)

Guest Daritha

Due to some unpleasant issues in real life the comic was on hiatus last week. Sorry for that. Now, however, everything should be back normal and thus, gapcomics return to its normal state. Have fun with strip 47:

gapcomics_47___Fight_Club_by_Daritha.png

Guest Daritha

Just forgot no. 48. This is the conclusion of the current Star Wars storyline:

48.png

With this, the story ends. Now, the gang around Mad, Tom and Anni is travelling in Germany. I would like to post the the new comicstrips here as well, but tell me. Do you like them? Should I post them even if they aren't about Star Wars anymore ... at least, for some months. ^^ I'll definitely come back to this but later. So, tell me. Should I keep this on here on the boards?

gapcomics_49___Deutsche_Bahn_by_Daritha.png

Guest Daritha

It was a lot of time. Many of you will not even remember it: gapcomics. These are comicstrips about life, loss, a Germarican girl, and (nearly) everything except 42!

b_gapcomics.png

Well, after a much too long hiatus, it'll be back. Next week, to be exact. Meanwhile, I'm posting up some of the best strips so far. Refreshing the long-time memory a bit. And for all who don't know anything about it, here are some basics:

What is the comic about?

Its about a band of friends, colleagues, and brothers-in-mind who are simply trying to survive in this world. Every character is a different bunch of personal memories and experiences. We have life, loss, a Germarican girl, and (nearly) everything except 42 (as defined as a number, not an answer!). There are some main protagonists and a bunch of supporting characters. Everything is in constant development all the time. Prepare for silly, funny, and sad moments!

How often does it update?

Gapcomics is updated at least on a weekly basis. Sometimes, I can get 3-4 strips a week, sometimes I'm happy to have 1 strip in the week completed. Let's be surprised and don't forget to check the site regularely. Also, peek sometimes at my deviantART page or write somethin in our Facebook Group (or found your own group in another network; I'll be happy to link to it on my page!).

Who is the person responsible for all of this? Who is the author?

Hi there, I'm Chris. I'm a born German raised near Leipzig and matured in the decade after the end of the Cold War. I have a high school degree, a job (more or less), and many silly ideas and weird hobbies. Some of them are presented here.

How do you make the comics?

The sketches are drawn "old school" with pencil and filled with markers. Then, I scan it and work on it digital. I have no special software for this, although I'm often using The GIMP and OpenOffice.

Are you a trained artist?

Are you kidding? Hell, no! If you think I am, please send me an e-mail. I appreciate those kind words and will answer you!

When did you start doing the comics?

The first official strip went online on November 11, 2009.

What is this weird language that show in brackets on every comicstrip title?

That's my mother tongue, thanks. Some parts of the website are in German since I don't want to translate everything. The short comment is also in German and is roughly the same meaning as the strip title. I hope that one will learn a bit of my mother tongue by reading it. Let me know if I'm right!

Guest Daritha

Oh, early artwork ... so embarrassing. -.- However, here starts the Flashback Week. First strip: "No. 6: Thanks to Lordi [Danke an Lordi]"

6.png

PS: Please don't delete me ... unless, this is a spam post. And I only want to sell fun ... unless, have you considered this new dental rental plan? It's very cheap and makes your penis bigger in just 4 weeks. It also gives you superpowers and a x-ray vision. *g*

Okay, enoug poking at those awful adverts. I hope, this is over soon. It's really distracting.

Guest Daritha

"Merchandising, merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made! Spaceballs: the T-shirt, Spaceballs: the Coloring Book, Spaceballs: the Lunchbox, Spaceballs: the Breakfast Cereal! Spaceballs: the Flame Thrower!!"

Continuing with Strip No. 40: "They're cute when they're little [sie sind süß, wenn sie klein sind]"

40.png

Guest Daritha

@Pam: Yeah, I like those kids (sic!) a lot. Its an heart-warming moment when you realize that's you some decades ago. Those great eyes and the open mouths when you walk in your costume across them or hand them your lightsaber for a photo. :cry:

The great relaunch is here. And, to quote the Joker: "Here ... we ... go!"

51.png

Guest Daritha

Now, we are in! This week, EVERYDAY you'll get a new comic! Tell your friends, spread the news! xD

This comic, finally, is the last one to feature the train background. I'm gettin pretty tired of it. When we go back to Mad, Tom and Anni, we'll have a new setting a new drawing style. I hope you will ike it!

gapcomics_52_by_daritha-d310mq3.png

Guest Daritha

Thank you Pam! Encouraging words are very welcome. I'm often enough so unsure about my "art". There are so much better works out there. But everyone got his own niche somewhere. ^^

---

The Relaunch week is now over. Beginning with next week, the comics are back in their normal rythm (whatever THAT'll mean ^^). However, as a little sneak peak for the the upcoming The Force Unleashed II video game:

gapcomics_56_by_daritha-d319qcd.png

Guest Daritha

A game-chaning moment ... really? Anyway, it's a color-less moment (I'm trying something).

I'm very satisfied with the the angle in the second one and the boobs in the first one. xD

gapcomics_57___color_is_out_by_daritha-d31qkd3.png

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_58__leather_by_daritha-d32mmd3.png

Strip no. 58 marks the one-year anniversary of gapcomics. Rejoice!

I actually like the black-white style. I think I'll stick to that for some time now. Also, its less work for me, so propably more strips for you. ^^

Also, I very much like Annika's father. I hope I can draw him more often in the future. I like the style of his face. And Ireally have to work on the background. o.O

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_59__threats_by_daritha-d34uxvw.png

Somtimes, miracles are simply happen. That said: I have a new comic for you. ^^

Here, I liked the script but am not very pleased with the artwork. Too many flaws I recognized. Well, a better one next time.

It seems, Mr. Kaiser isn't very happy to meet Tom ... but why? Unless ... >:--)