• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

gapcomics - the gap is back

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

gapcomics__xmas_special_ii_by_daritha-d35kc2t.png

After a long time, there is finally a colored-drawn comicstrip again. I think, I'll stick to my black-and-white drawings. That way, the colored ones stick out even more.

Anyway: Have a good time, happy holidays or annual religious festival to a deity or other transcendental and immanent power ... or the Flying Spagetti Monster or the Mighty Cthulhu. Whatever, just have fun and amuse yourselfs. Have a good time and we see each other again in 2011 (A.D.)!

PS: For everyone not familiar with gapcomics, just visit: http://www.gapcomics.net

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_61__cheap_marketing_by_daritha-d361xbm.png

Guri wants you to check out the new gapcomics shop!

Guri can't be that wrong, can she? Finally, after some hard and mostly honest work, gapcomics has his own merchandise! Starting with t-shirts the collection will be gradually extended in the weeks and months to follow!

For now, we have two types of shirts to offer - unisex and babydoll, the last one especially for the ladies. I'm a staunch supporter of "Her Universe" from Ashley Eckstein, and my own line should have special items for the female fan, too. ;)

Regardless of the shape and cut, the shirts are beautiful and plain-black cotton material of high quality with the titular "gap [gæp]" motif in blue color printed on it. You could order one if you want. You could, couldn't you? - www.gapcomics.net

You might also note some changes on the social network links. I added tumblr, reddit and webcomicstweets to them and dropped the German meinVZ.

Anyway, everyone have a save New Year's Eve party and a good start into 2011!

PS: Please excuse this cheap marketing trick. I will make it up to you soon. I got some nice new strips in the pipe. ;)

Guest Daritha

Ups, sorry. I totally forgot to update the forum threads. Since last time, there are two new strips. Another one is in the pipe for next week:

gapcomics_62__happy_alcohol_by_daritha-d36svkq.png

gapcomics_63___bad_language_by_daritha-d3860l5.png

Guest Daritha

gapcomics_64__translate_by_daritha-d398phm.png

New comic. I wanted to upload this two days ago but ... well something always did get in the way. Anyhow. Have fun!

About:

It would be interesting to know how they did it. On the other hand, this is comic logic! *g*

Essentially, this is nearly the same line art like the last time. Just one little thing differs. Can you name it? If you do..., I have a little merch surprise for you. ;)

Guest Daritha

Special Issue Egypt!

gapcomics_special_issue__egypt_by_daritha-d39ftfx.png

Originally, I wanted to go on further with the established storyline, but on Friday February 11, 2011, the news on the success (for now) of the revolution in Egypt reached me. As a former resident of the German Democratic Republic (Eastern Germany) , these news were of big importance to me. Although I was too young to even participate in the peaceful revolution in Germany in 1989, it is part of me to this day. I can't even describe how proud I am of my people to accomplish such a thing. To topple a dictatorial regime without firing one shot, without killing one man; just wanting to end the oppression. (Although, many people did not and perhaps do not, see this time as oppression; mainly beacuse they did grow up during that era and lived their normal lives, maybe never did get in conflict with the state.) But to me, retrospectively, it is one of the great wonders in the whole last century.

And to see how the will of the people can change their world. Egypt, once a kingdom, an empire even. Culturally unchallenged in the world. The Egyptians were ancient when other cultures in Europe evolved. And now, right now, the people of Egypt are starting into a whole new world. The people decided to do it. The men, the women, the children, the parents, the old, and the young. Everyone! And this is the only way to achieve a republic, a society for people. When these people want it out of their own free will! You can’t impose democracy on people. Like every idea - and in the end, everything is just an idea - it have to spread and claim a place in one’s heart.

And right now, the hearts of many Egyptians are bursting with this idea. I wish you success in your claim to create a free and truly democratic Republic of Egypt! We did it in Germany 21 years ago. Without violence but with inner strength and sheer will. I wish you the same inner strength and the same will to do it!

And in this light, my hastly and bad drawn comicstrip itself isn't of so much importance as the meaning of it. The wish behind it. Btw: The arabic letters in brackets means "freedom" (according to Google Translator).

I have hope.

Guest Daritha

As you can see, gapcomics has a whole new site design. I reorganized everything and split my webprojects into three grand parts: comics, costumes, shop, blog and my writing.

I've implemented Google ads, too, and would be very thankful for you if you could click on one of the ads from time to time. That'll help me very much.

Anyway, here ist the newest issue:

gapcomics 66 - Elbow of Doom!

I'm very satisfied with the third panel and despise Tom's elbow and underarm in the second panel. Otherwise: We're close to the end of this chapter. Just one mor strip and then: grande finale!