• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

about the inner tunic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was reading the COTF standard here and it say´s:

The inner tunic should be black and made from a slightly different material than the cape/hood, and outer layer.

* The inner tunic should be somewhat tight fighting with long sleeves.

* The sleeves should be quilted along the length, giving them a ribbed look similar to that of Darth Vader?s under suit.

* The inner tunic must be heavily tattered and holed along the bottom edge.

I thought it was only the sleeves that was supposed to be a different material then the rest.

Have I got it completly wrong? I have also been trying to see what material would be good but I have no idea what to use. Would cotton do the trick? In many pictures the sleeves looks a bit brighter almost a bit blue/black compared to the rest of the costume. Can the colors be the same as long it´s different material?

Cheers

You're really looking for the appearance of 3 layers of tunic. With the sleeves being really the only visible part of the innermost layer. To create that look, most of the COTF Nihilus's that I've seen did what I we did on mine. Create the sleeves and attach them to what would be the middle tunic.

The sleeves should still be black, and yup cotton works for them. (it's what we used on my sleeves).

Guest Anonymous
You're really looking for the appearance of 3 layers of tunic. With the sleeves being really the only visible part of the innermost layer. To create that look, most of the COTF Nihilus's that I've seen did what I we did on mine. Create the sleeves and attach them to what would be the middle tunic.

The sleeves should still be black, and yup cotton works for them. (it's what we used on my sleeves).

Thanks, I will try and see how this works out. Doing the sleeves attached to middle tunic sound smart.