• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Ventress from distant Poland

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi there!

My name is Susanne and I'm from Poland (no, no polar bears :) ) Few years ago I've decided that I want to be this bald girl with the sabers ;) I prepared my first version of this costume for the Celebration Europe - I even have a picture with one of you - it's Sakara if I don't mistake

DSC04989.JPG

and here you can see the costume a bit better

DSC04987.JPG

After finding this site and forum with all the fixed standards I've decided to upgrade my costume to AOTC version. Hope to show the results here and read some critique and encouragement words :)

Here is the present version:

Asajj_Ventress_II_by_Kirdian.jpg

Asajj_Ventress_by_Kirdian.jpg

My belt was done thanks to Brita (LadyB) who shared with me with her belt pattern - many thanks to you it helped me a lot! I'll put some detailed pictures tomorrow to show you the exact result.

I've noticed that all of you who prepare AOTC version used very pale grey (almost white) material for middle part of bodysuit and I've started to worry that mine is to dark :(

Well, that's all for now

Best regards to everybody

sorry for all the potential language mistakes ^^

Guest Anonymous

I've made my own pattern for tattoos but I can't find it at moment so thanks, I'll try do you yours and compare :)

ok more pics :)

First of all - belt

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0141-1.jpg

and the way I made it

DSC_0004.jpg

using the pattern from Brita I cut the shape out of plastic and sticked all over with ecological leather to keep the form and stiffness

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

with a little help ;)

DSC_0006.jpg

shirt

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

as I'm absolutely hopeless in sewing it's made by a dressmaker :)

Forearm wraps

previous ones:

DSC_0092.jpg

made f rom a glossy material and not very tight- fitted to the arm

and present ones

DSC_0150-1.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

made with ecological leather (the same as belt)

I'm working at the moment on neck-collar . I want to do it with the same technique as forearms and belt using the same material - I'll let you know about the results ;) unless I'll get sick from the glue stench :D

Guest Anonymous

Hello down there south :wink: Welcome to the forum!

Your costume looks nice!

I have heard, that you have very strong Garrison down there in Polland. My friend has been in contact with some troopers from there. Hopefully we can troop together some day. There is cheap flights between Finland and Polland.

Guest Anonymous

Youre defenitly going on the right way with the costume :D The upgrades you made are very good :) I'm curious how the final costume will look.

I'm also still busy with my Asajj AOTC concept costume so I can't give you much help with making yours I think. Anyway, when you wanna know something, just ask :D

~Elyon

Madelon :wink:

Guest Anonymous

@ TI-9827 - Hi there North :) Is your friend SL-150? I've seen his "hello" at Polish Garrison forum :) Love to visit Finland but from different reason than Star Wars things - you have great collie kennels in there ;) Are you troops going to Legoland in Denmark? My husband is Polish Garrison member and he enocurage me to finish the Asajj's costume and join before this event so maybe we will have a chance for some common trooping :)

@Elyon - thanks! you're costume looks great too - hope to see the results soon and....damn girl! you're sooooooo slim :shock: I envy you :?

Guest Anonymous
@Elyon - thanks! you're costume looks great too - hope to see the results soon and....damn girl! you're sooooooo slim :shock: I envy you :?

Please don't! :oops: It's not nice when you want to make this kind of costumes.. When you think everything fits it's to large again :roll: And when your hands are bigger in width then your arms.. But further no complains, haha :wink: I'm happy with myself, you should also :D:wink:

Good luck with the costume! :D

Guest Anonymous
@ TI-9827 - Hi there North :) Is your friend SL-150? I've seen his "hello" at Polish Garrison forum :) Love to visit Finland but from different reason than Star Wars things - you have great collie kennels in there ;) Are you troops going to Legoland in Denmark? My husband is Polish Garrison member and he enocurage me to finish the Asajj's costume and join before this event so maybe we will have a chance for some common trooping :)

He´s one our garrison members too. Haven´t met him personally yet, but in few months yes. Our garrison include four countries so we are "bit" spread around here. The Legoland trooping is unforgotenaly out for us, because we are going to Finse, Norway to celebrate the 30th anniversary of ESB. And that´s ****** expensive country :evil:

That finnish trooper who have been in contact with your garrison is our former country representative TS-0842.

Welcome to the forum!

I have to agree... the upgrades that you are making to your costume are really good. They're improving the look of what was already a nicely made costume. I think it's going to be top-notch when you're finished, especially if the neck piece turns out as well as the collar and forearm wraps. Thank you for sharing your progress here, I enjoy seeing costumes develop over time... and even more, I love it when costumers continue to improve their work.

I don't think you need to worry about the gray color of your shirt too much. While there are references that show a nearly-white shirt, there are also references that show a darker gray color. There is leeway in the fabric choices, so you should be fine.

Pam :-)

P.S. I'm a fan of collies, too. For most of my life, my family has always owned one Collie and one Sheltie. Whenever we lost one, we got another of the same breed. We finally got tired of fighting the issue of stickers always caught in their hair after I reached my 30's, though, and we switched to shorter haired German Shepherds. They're nice dogs, too, but I miss the quiet temperament of the Collies!