• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

~Elyon's Asajj Ventress AOTC concept

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the comments already :D

I'm still waiting for more reactions so I can decide if this is the final collar or if I still have to change something. :wink:

What I noticed is that the doll has 5 lines in stead of 4, as I have. Does that matter? Do you see/notice the difference?

Or should I leave it this way? I like it more this way cause the lines now are as big as those from the wristbands. :D

AS they vary the specif number of lines probably isn't as big a deal so long as it matches some of the reference.

I agree with Sakara that it would probably work best to attach the neck piece to the shirt. I could never get mine to sit right until I did that with mine.

Guest Anonymous

Yesterday I finally found the 'fun' and time to proceed my collar. To see how it looks I've drawn 5 lines at the collar, made a pica and collored it in at paint.

My mom and I decided that the 5 lines does look better cause it makes the collar more 'full'.

Sooo... The collar will be a (kind of) replica from the doll version :)

Hope that's also ok to get it approved for the 501st..

Good on you for taking the advice on board and working on the fit of the top and the collar :) The top looks really good now :)

You'll find that because of the curves in the collar it will be a bit tricky to get it to sew up easily. If you haven't already cut up your pattern draw some lines through from neck to edge (centre front, side fonts, down the shoulders and similar in the back). These are called balance marks- it means when you stretch one side of the seam to match the other you can keep all the stretch even all the way around.

I have had to do this recently for a costume and while it took extra time it really did make a huge difference.

Guest Anonymous

I have 3 other costumes (and a lot of work) to make, so I don't have time the comming 3 weeks to work at my Asajj :roll:

Hope to have some time after this busy period. My Garisson have a convention at the 5th of june so I hope I can share this day with them and put on the finished costume to make good pictures to place here and then get it approved. :D:D

~Elyon