Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DarthMel

Question About COTF Mask

3 posts in this topic

The CRL states that there are two small ovals on either side of the center top large oval on the mask. I was looking at the reference pictures on this site and am wondering how that amount is known for sure. The pictures blur in that area, making it impossible to tell the exact amount. Is there another reference picture that was not posted here?

The actual box art was used for that call, though the era in which that CRL was created did not have the same requirements as now for validation of references. If you can show a contrasting point to it not being as such, we can look it over. :) 

So, I tried looking at pictures of the actual miniature to look for clues, but even with the high quality pictures, the ovals weren’t showing up, so I can’t tell from that either. To illustrate my point about the CotF box picture, though, if you look at the picture of Nihilus here (this is not the CotF version): https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

it is difficult to tell that there are 3 ovals on either side. It looks like 2 to me. But that picture is a high enough resolution that you can zoom in to it and tell that there are indeed 3 ovals on each side. That’s about all I have to illustrate my point. If we had a high resolution picture, it’s possible that the 2 ovals could actually be 3. The available pictures are just too blurry to tell for sure, in my opinion.

Edited by DarthMel