• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My first post here, SW:TOR sith costume for Halloween

Takamatsu

Your costume looks astonishing good. I really like this particular outfit.

I'm curious about your Halloween experiences. I fear that many might confuse you with these horse-riding "demons" from Lord of the Rings.

Fortunately the lightsaber tends to sway the costume back towards Star Wars :wink:.

But yeah for Halloween my intention was to simply have a costume that looked reasonably dark and people liked the costume even though they had no clue what is was supposed to be, lol.

I'm currently working on making the armour a little darker (at the moment the armor pieces kinda stand out a little bit too much) and still working on boot armour that is more comfortable and robust.

****edit**** I've done a little more work on this, mainly on the lower legs/feet and added some upto date pictures

Sith_finished.jpg

Sith_finished4.jpg

Sith_saber.jpg

I still haven't seen another person attempt this costume and I hope for now that this is seen as a fair representation of the character from the trailers. I've posted this in off-topic bacause as I understand it the character doesn't yet have enough background references to be "official".

Good evening,

I just wanted to clear up what seems to be reoccurring confusion amoungst fans of unreleased SW media;

Until the said saga is released, all promotion imaging is treated as beta material.

All conjecture as to the role of a character is considered fair game, but not final.

Beyond that, you have a character from a MORPG which has been a tricky area to place in the 501st; When KOTOR first hit the shores of the 501st, a concern was created. By the nature of the game itself, KOTOR characters could be both heroes and villains and their appearance could be endlessly customize.

When the game was released, it was discovered that some characters had scripted villain roles and appearances. Some years later, full, neutral lighting images of the costumes of the game were collected. While they continue to be studied to this day, 501st standards for these characters have been established to a degree comparable to those of other movie canon costume that have been existed for three decades.

Now there is this new Olde Republic game, yet to be released. It has wonderful trailers. Good hype. I am excited for it. Still no clue how its characters will fit into the 501st.

For this unknown character, it safe to say he is a Sith. But I am not willing to create policy on an unknown character based on a trailer for an unreleased game. It just invites too much contradiction with existing character qualification.

My advise would be to keep gathering reference, and perfect the costume. Share your reference in this thread. Rename the thread if an official name is ever given for the bloke. Scan the comics. Your input could help shape this new and exciting chapter in SW costume inspiration.

Be well,

Thomas

Thanks for your reply Thomas, this costume will no doubt always just be one of those un-named background characters and its original creation was just for Halloween anyway, I just liked these characters enough to continue on the costume after the event.

Also of course the idea of this costume (and all costumes in general) was for fun. And fun was had this week when the UK got hit with some decent snow. I decided as a tribute to Irvin Kershner I would go play in this "Hoth" weather in my costume and get some photos.

th_Sith_snow08copy.jpgth_Sith_snow09copy.jpgth_sith_on_hoth.jpg

One of the photos was edited into my new Desktop Wallpaper:

th_sithhoth-desktop.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I can say that I have read Deceived and that that guys name is Lord Adraas and he lead the Sith assult on Coruscant.

For one who has a Adraas costume I must say that you must read the book.

I'm very impressed at your costume.

Lol, I only just discovered that I have an (attempt at) Adraas costume. As far as I was aware these characters were still un-named Acolytes, but it's nice to discover that at least one was named. :)

And thank you for your generous praise.

Loving the photos :) I think some new ones from the last time I visited :)

And yeah, it's funny what is being revealed :) I started plotting a Shae Vizla costume before she got a name and then she got one :) And now, well the GG mini-bust blurb has revealed she is involved in a major event, and I cannot find anything that supports this. And I have tried ;) But it must be true as it has not been pulled from her advertising.

I wonder how many more reveals we will have :) I need to check the time lines again too...

My wicked armor has just posted up his version of the mask from the Hope trailer onto his facebook page. It looks amazing and make me want to refine mine now.

link here to my wicked armors facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=220309388002276&set=pu.131314490235100&type=1&theater