• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Attached shinguards to kneeguards

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello, I have a crazy doubt.. I love this version of Mara Jade:

TwoMaras.jpg

(Pam, you are amazing in this photo ;) )

but I love this shinguards:

AttachedKnees.jpg

with attached knees

Can i make my Mara costume "mixing" the accesories? for join in legion501st

:?:

Guest Daritha

I don't really see a difference between the two pictures. What makes you think that the shin guards on the 2nd shot are just attached? *mara noob asks* ^^

Here's MY take on it....i'm not official in these things...take them at leisure.

Based on the latest screenshots....that particular costume shows her with a blue saber, shooting TKs, and working WITH Luke.

That being said, it's my opinion that those shin guards are specific to her "good guy" phase and not while in service of the Empire and therefore shouldn't be used for the 501st.

This is ultimately up to the LMO & GML of your garrison, but that is how I perceive it.

Guest Anonymous

I'm no official, mid you, but I feel that it has to do with consistency:

It's okay to wear the hockey/police guards if they match the shoots with Shannon McRandle if that's the look you're trying to match. It's okay to wear the comic style molded guards if you're trying to match the comic images.

Since the ridge-less guards are from post Emperor's Hand days, I get the feeling that they wouldn't be as accurate, just because of the connotations of when and where she is and would advise against mix and matching. But I don't think there's anything wrong with them in of themselves because Mara is known to have an extensive collection of gear and weapons. Who's to say they weren't from earlier days, eh?

Guest Daritha
It's okay to wear the hockey/police guards if they match the shoots with Shannon McRandle if that's the look you're trying to match. It's okay to wear the comic style molded guards if you're trying to match the comic images.
You're right. Mara's costume should be modeled to the comics since these are the official pictures of her. Shannon McRandle's costume is modeled TO the pictures seen in the comics BUT its nontheless official. So both variants are possible but when you have the choice do the comic version. Its the original outfit. (As an old costume God once said: Draw it and they will built it. ^^)

But I don't think there's anything wrong with them in of themselves because Mara is known to have an extensive collection of gear and weapons. Who's to say they weren't from earlier days, eh?
A girl must dress for the occasion. ;)

I think these shin guards would be okay. I'm planning to make a pair of them myself, in fact. While they are worn during her post-Empire days while she's working with Luke and the other "good guys", they're also worn when she carries out the Emperor's final order to "Kill Luke Skywalker." Another thing to keep in mind is that we use images from those comics as references for her black jumpsuit, cowl, blaster, and shoulder harness, so by extension it would seem acceptable to use the shin guards from that storyline, too.

I just know that I've always liked the look of them. They remind me of stormtrooper shin/knee pieces, and look rather Imperial.

Pam :-)