• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Rob's TFU Sith Stalker Costume

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is Rob, the costume-maker from The Way of Myth and My Wicked Armor. I have been meaning to participate in this forum for a long time since I love making costumes from the expanded universe, and I lurk here from time to time. Making this stuff just takes so much time and energy. There are probably 20 great forums on the web that I could/should comment on, but my hobbies limit the time I can spend doing this. Since the expanded universe is my favorite, I’m a huge KotOR fan in case you didn’t realize, I will try to have more of a presence here to offer some advice and drop in to see what you guys are making.

I am currently upgrading some of my old costumes including my Republic Commando and Revan. I just about have my own Sith Stalker costume complete, which I hope to get into the 501st if possible. I will make a canon color helmet for myself as well, and I am still working on the cyborg arm and some minor improvements. Here is a video of the costume:

And here is a newer video of the costume in daylight:

At a 501st event with Jay Laga'aia:

melJayNRob.jpg

RobNCass.jpg

DSC07427.JPG

DSC07422.JPG

DSC07425.JPG

Excellent.

This is a suit I have been working on for sometyme. As such, I can appreciate its intimate details. In that light I say your costume is progressing nicely. I would assume the bottom photo is digitally enhanced--to great effect I might add.

Two questions;

1. ¿Might I ask, are the parts hand sculpted or refined from Pepakura constructions?

2. ¿What is the inspiration for the green helmet?

actionfigurexpress02.jpg

I look forward to your work Rob, and I am really happy to see you consider joining the 501st at last.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

Thomas,

Yes, in the bottom picture I photoshopped my skintone and the cyborg arm just for fun.

I have never done Pepakura, but I can see some cases where it might be useful. I prefer to sculpt in soft clay for large objects, which is what I did for these parts. Then I cast them in fiberglass and sanded them smooth. Some parts were constructed from wood like the little box on the back of the neck and the Grievous-like arm piece and then cast them in fiberglass or resin.

The green helmet was seen on the packaging for the action figures and in some concept art. Someone requested a green helmet, which is why I made it. While I think the green helmet is cool, I am making one in the canon color for myself. I will make a new video and take some photos when I get the whole costume to a finished form.

Thanks, Thomas. I have long considered joining the 501st but never felt like I had time to troop or had a personal costume that met the standards before now. It has been on my receding horizon for a long time.

Guest braea_kast

Looks very nice...

They've added some new levels to the game since the Ultimate Sith Edition is coming out in December. Starkiller carries multiple lightsabers around him waist.

Just want to say that you have done an excellent job with the costume...

:)

Melanie

GaRevan

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, everyone! I have noticed the new sith stalker versions in the upcoming Ultimate Sith Edition; one very Vader-like and one Tusken Raider style. I might make these costumes since I could use my current helmet as a starting point for both. I still like the original costume the best, however.

Rob

Did you hide in the bushes to scare some children? *g*

Nah, just kidding. Your costume looks great. I look forward to one you will make for the USE of TFU.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks. Here are some more images and a new video of the latest helmet:

sithS03.jpg

sithS02.jpg

sithS04.jpg

And here is the youtube video of the helmet:

I made some changes to the helmet design so it slides on easily.

It's fascinating to see just how flexible that helmet actually is as you're putting it on. I love seeing stuff like that! (Flexible or not, I would be so incredibly claustrophobic in there!)

Thanks for the link!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Hi Pam! Nice to hear from you.

The entire helmet is rigid plastic except for the pieces that run along the jawline and attach to the earpieces. I want the helmet to fit as closely to my head as possible since it appears to be more like a replacement skull than a helmet in TFU.

Thanks for keeping these forums organized and for condensing the standards. :)

Rob