• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Sion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

alrighty so I'm gettin started on Darth Sion seeing as how it has not been attempted that i know of... but i already have a TB costume so i wanted somthing a bit more free a cool so i went with a topless sith lol well i will post pics asap

214477-142937-darth-sion_super.jpg

Done correctly, I would imagine a well done Darth Sion, would be considerably less comfortable to troop in than a Biker Scout.

For 501st consideration, I will be looking for a full upper body suit, likely in silicon. Considerably more expensive than say, a high level Darth Vader costume is to put together, it will be a lot more work too.

To get an idea of the labour required to pull this off, look at the making of Hellboy DVD. Ron Pearlman is a well buit actor. But to become Hellboy, he was encased in a body prosthetic, from the top of his head down. And the results were convincing.

I have seen one man attempt Darth Sion as body make-up. Owing to the technique he employed to create the character's tortured flesh, he had done quite a bit of damage to his own skin. To add insult to injury, the effect fell off before he could reach the convention floor.

Darth SIon is not a character to attempt lightly.

Executed with due consideration and effort however will garner well earned accolades.

Gauntlet dropped,

Thomas Spanos

¿Zombie?

sion2nx.jpg

Darth Sion is a motley of fragmented flesh, held together by hatred alone. For anyone attempting to do this suit for 501st consideration--the ultimate goal of all discussion on this board--a very labour intensive project awaits.

Starting with a body cast and sculpture.

I do not mean to dissuade. In fact, I fully support the serious attempt. I want only to see it done well, as if the character just walked out the movie screen.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

well i dont think u need a full body cast... i feel like you can use rubber pieces cut to shape and put apon your body in the proper mannor with the make up i used in the picture between then and get the same look

Guest Sakara

it all depends on if you want it be accepted for 501st membership. It would need full upper body prosthetics...

even if you went the way of seperate prosthetics and makeup,. it would take around 2 hours to apply. See Mystique from xmen for that example. her entire body took 6 hours each time...and that was cut down from 8hrs the first time her makeup was done.

prosthetics and makeup are not the easy option my friend....the prosthetics are made out of non breathable materials...and add the paint to that...it can become very hot...youd probs also need to prepare the skin to the appliances..which mean removing any body hair..

Sion is a great character...but a challenge to look correct..and not just a zombie.

If the goal is to be topless, using make-up and as little prosthetic as possible, I might suggest another option;

dmtattoo_front_lg.jpg

Of course, Sith Lord Detachment standards still apply for the costume for Legion Approval;

SL3390.jpg

SL1375.jpg

Please understand, my posts are not meant to the topic starter alone, but for anyone interested in costuming Darth Sion in the 501st Legion.

Be well,

Thomas

Have you thought about getting a latex body suit with hood and going from there? You could probably add some gloves to it for the best effect. Paint it with a good base color and detail. Add some dragon skin patches in the cracked fashion. Paint the details, then all you will need is a face applique. But, that's just my suggestion.

Guest Sakara

Ive seen this way done before..in fact recently. At an event someone was dressed as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill and that character's body is basically messed up. hes got a wetsuit and latex painted it plus added 3d prosthetics to it to give it that 'from hell' look. It worked....but with one problem.

you could see the zipper. Now there is a way to hide that...place another piece of latex over the zipper and somehow put some flat closure on it to it hides the zipper and looks like another piece of falling off skin.

You'd also have to hide the neck closure(not an issues with Pyramid Head lol)..again perhaps recutting the neck so that it isnt uniform and disguise the seam with extra prosthetic latex parts that could be glued to you and the suit.

Don't even need glue. Just velcro or magnets. If the magnets are thin enough, it should be no problem to latex them into a small fold of skin. The flap can cover the zipper. As for the edge can be spirit-gummed well enough to be hidden by the face applique. It can be done, not easily, but it is still possible.