• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Airbrushing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone use that for their make up?

Is it better than body paint and foundations?

Does it stay on longer?

And how much does an airbrush cost?

I have a for the cap before I shaved, it helped it quite a bit to look more like real skin.

I don't know what an airbrush costs in NZ. My husband has had one for years. So about 15 years ago his brush and compressor were $350 American. The airbrush makeup paints are quite expensive though.

Guest Sakara

good basic airbrushes can cost from £100 upwards..i found student packages that work out around £250 which includes everything you need for basic airbrushing . Look for makeup artist websites in Aus and see if they have deals like that.

airbrush make up does look incredible and natural, like real skin and if you use the ink type paints..lasts and last and last all day.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds pretty good. The only airbrushes I can find around here are at Games Workshop. I wonder if they would work.

Guest Sakara
Sounds pretty good. The only airbrushes I can find around here are at Games Workshop. I wonder if they would work.

i had looked at those myself...seeing as you are not doing any fine design work ..one of those 'might' work. Asajj would mainly involve a base covering of white/grey then shading of darker greys...i had thought of trying a model airbrush to start with myself...as the outlay cost wouldnt be as much!

I have a for the cap before I shaved, it helped it quite a bit to look more like real skin.

Um...am I reading that right ladyb?! The "before I shaved" statement?

My hubby is an airbrush artist, so he does the makeup for me, except around my eyes. He'll airbrush on both the foundation (thinned with water) and the liquid makeup. No idea if it stays on longer, but airbrushing allows for more subtle effects like shading. Pricing for a decent airbrush and compressor are comparable in Canada to what they are in the US.

We used an airbrush for Gothiclysm's Maladi and used Mehron liquid, cut with LiquiSet and topped with final seal. It lasted pretty well through 3-4 hours of GA heat & humidity with no re-application.

When we did her 1st shoot back in March 2008, we used a combination of airbrushes and a gravity feed gun. The gravity feed gun used only cost ~$12 USD and works GREAT for broad coverage and the airbrush for finer details. In the pic from the Mar 08 shoot below, the only thing that wasn't sprayed was directly around the eyes. The "dots (save for on the lip)," arm tattoos, and covering was airbrush/gravity feed combination.

gothiclysm1st_maladi_hidden_hip.jpg

Um...am I reading that right ladyb?! The "before I shaved" statement?

Yes, and I don't want to hijack this thread. Had my makeup go horribly wrong before a Relay for Life event and didn't want to let them down, so I did shave...Michael posted a picture on page 5 of my thread.

No worries, a cap is good. I only did because otherwise we'd have had to cancel on the cancer event and I didn't want to let them down.