• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Dark Lords Armor?

btabc

I have made myself a intro thread and was directed here to ask more.  I am new to the site, but currently making a TK.  I've been just wondering if there's anyone I can talk to about possibly pricing around how much it would cost for the hard armor pieces of this costume?

B

On 9/7/2017 at 6:36 PM, Yankee71 said:

Helmet $400

Shoulders: $375

Also had another question.  With the suit/jacket... did you make your own?  And if so, out of what?  I believe it was your thread that was mentioning pool liners?  I tried to research more and was unable to find anything and your thread is using photobucket... which doesn't allow for third-party posts now (unless you pay to upgrade?!).  I can make the other things easily (which some time lol), but the jacket was the only one I was concerned with at the moment (the vest part won't be that tough either)

7 hours ago, btabc said:

Also had another question.  With the suit/jacket... did you make your own?  And if so, out of what?  I believe it was your thread that was mentioning pool liners?  I tried to research more and was unable to find anything and your thread is using photobucket... which doesn't allow for third-party posts now (unless you pay to upgrade?!).  I can make the other things easily (which some time lol), but the jacket was the only one I was concerned with at the moment (the vest part won't be that tough either)

2 piece leather suit made to your measurements, with the correct look, $600.00 + Postage:  https://www.facebook.com/swtoys.argentina/

He also sells the correct gloves for the costume for $400.00

Claws I made myself. 

Abdominal Armor I made myself. Linoleum covered in P leather, just hard to get the correct cut/look.  In my final version (I made 5 different Versions till I got it right) I used black plastic clips and elastic cord to close the armor in the back.  The elastic cord keeps it snug to your body, yet allows you to breath lol.

Gloves/Gauntlets, I bought a pair of Gauntlets ($50), took them to a shoe repair shop and had them fabricate the right look for $100 (cheaper than $400 version).

Skirt is easy enough to do yourself.

Boots are the Black version of Anakin Skywalker boots, can find them on Amazon.com for $80-$100.  

The Padawan hair braid (if you make one) is a big pain in the ass, ass it gets tangled in everything.

Trophy lightsabers I did myself as well, toysRus lightsabers or make your own with PVC pipes, remove the telescopic blades, add clips, alter the appearance to the desired look

Edited by Yankee71

On 9/12/2017 at 2:27 AM, Yankee71 said:

2 piece leather suit made to your measurements, with the correct look, $600.00 + Postage:  https://www.facebook.com/swtoys.argentina/

He also sells the correct gloves for the costume for $400.00

Claws I made myself. 

Abdominal Armor I made myself. Linoleum covered in P leather, just hard to get the correct cut/look.  In my final version (I made 5 different Versions till I got it right) I used black plastic clips and elastic cord to close the armor in the back.  The elastic cord keeps it snug to your body, yet allows you to breath lol.

Gloves/Gauntlets, I bought a pair of Gauntlets ($50), took them to a shoe repair shop and had them fabricate the right look for $100 (cheaper than $400 version).

Skirt is easy enough to do yourself.

Boots are the Black version of Anakin Skywalker boots, can find them on Amazon.com for $80-$100.  

The Padawan hair braid (if you make one) is a big pain in the ass, ass it gets tangled in everything.

Trophy lightsabers I did myself as well, toysRus lightsabers or make your own with PVC pipes, remove the telescopic blades, add clips, alter the appearance to the desired look

Why am I just now seeing this?!  Thank you for the reply and explaining the boots and such to me!  I'll be keeping a eye out for some! :)