• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Rebel Legion Members

Guest Daritha

Guest Anonymous

I'm also RL, but there are only a couple of RL members where I live, so we troop with the 501st. The local group of 501st guys and gals are so awesome though that most RL members quickly change sides anyway. I am staying strong at this stage though, and love doing my NRJ.

I'm here because I want to do a "Bad Guy" costume, but I have chosen something that isn't approvable yet, so I'll still troop in it occasionally until it becomes that way.

Guest Daritha

Rebel Legion. 501st Legion. That're just names. One troop for oneself, for others, and for the fun of it. The allegiance of the organization is of second-class importance. ... Too bad that not a many people as I would like seem to get that message though.

But its good to hear that in your area there are nor problems between the two groups. In which Garrison/Base are you?

Its funny to hear that most of your Garrison seems to consist of former Rebels. Enemy inflitration from within. *gg*

Guest Anonymous
Rebel Legion. 501st Legion. That're just names. One troop for oneself, for others, and for the fun of it. The allegiance of the organization is of second-class importance. ... Too bad that not a many people as I would like seem to get that message though.

But its good to hear that in your area there are nor problems between the two groups. In which Garrison/Base are you?

Its funny to hear that most of your Garrison seems to consist of former Rebels. Enemy inflitration from within. *gg*

LOL!!!

I'm only RL for now, hopefully Azlyn will be 501st approved! *crosses fingers* If not, I'll have to come up with something else [but I'll still be finishing Azlyn's armor as I wub her too much].

But it's funny how even though I'm in Echo Base (and somewhat Canadian Base as my mom lives up there) I've trooped with 5 different 501st Garrisons to date (Empire City, Northeast Remnant, Carida, Excelsior, Canadian). Guess there are just more badguys around, ha ha!

Guest Anonymous

The 501st group I troop with is only a squad at this stage, however, they will be breaking away soon and forming a garrison of their own in the new year. In case you haven't heard about them yet, let me tell you that the REDBACKs are the most awesome bunch of guys and girls ever. The Redbacks hail from Brisbane, Australia (my home town), and they have always made me feel completely welcome within their ranks. There's actually only 3 or 4 members that have duel citizenship with the RL, and most have always been 501st. Those who are RL as well as 501st generally troop as 501st. I don't know what it is about storm troopers, but they are just so darn popular with the general public.

I'm happy to be the odd one out though, and a Jedi amongst their ranks helps add to the overall appeal I think.

I also concur completely with what Daritha wrote. They are just names, and we troop for a higher cause, which make the boundaries vanish in my oppinion.

Guest Daritha

The Australian Garrison will be split in two single Garrisons? Are they this big yet? Cool. 8)

I don't know what it is about storm troopers, but they are just so darn popular with the general public.

It's the armor. Just the white shiny armor. Chicks dig armor. *g* ... Nah, just kidding. As you said, the Stormtroopers are very well-known in general public. Not without a reason, the 501st consists nearly at half only of Stormtroopers. (You can build a skyscraper with all those plastic, I think.)

Guest Anonymous

Yep ... The Redbacks are that big now. They have many more than need to form their own garrison. The break will occur over the first few months of the new year, but they're in no rush to do so. They want to make sure that everything is done slowly and properly, and that all the requirements are met, and that everyone is happy with the new name/logo etc.

Guest Daritha

Since the EU has no light or dark side I think, we can celebrate every new costume, right? ;)

And this, a certain EU SL has inflitrated the Jedi Order successfully. ^^ You're already part of the Legion, nontheless: Congratulations!

4415-A.jpg

It's true I finally finished up my movie style Barriss done. :) I got pictures with Liz for it on Monday and got it sent in.

While taking the photos we discovered why Barriss has such a large hood:

WhoKnew.jpg

and that Leku are quite slimming (at least compared to an overly tight balaclava).

My husband successfully infiltrated as well last week in true EU fashion:

4397-A.jpg

corran_me.jpg

as Corran Horn

Guilty as charged, though admittedly not nearly as fun as any of Brita's costumes.

Horn_me.jpg

I'm having fun getting the designs together for the RL Trading Card that Brita and Liz are doing. The shoot was a bit tricky but I think we have some good stuff to work with.