• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

finally starting my Nihilus

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

after using my TB for over a year. I am finally starting my Nihilus. Well I think I got pretty lucky a fellow member of the 501st was selling his Nihilus and I just couldnt pass it up. He said he never submitted it for 501st approval but it looked really good. I am including a couple of pics of the costume he sent me. Any Ideas what I may need to do to it, to get it approved??? BTW this is a KOTOR version.

l_a4b55210c638eb7e756ac5f4b2715993.jpg

l_e117d7d4d066946a88cf9d6fea91303a.jpg

Congrats on the purchase, I'd say that you've got a good base to work from, but the work isn't over.

Starting from the top:

Never thought it would be said, but the peaks to the sides of the head need to be bigger. They should flare outward enough to bring the rest of the cowl flowing down around the sides of the mask, but not over it. More body to the cowl is needed I think, and get rid of the pointy tip at the back end.

The cowl on the KOTOR Nihilus doesn't connect to the cape and doesn't have a knot of any kind.

THe cape for the KOTOR Nihilus should be attached to the shoulders of the top. (think more like how Superman's cape is)

Should be no seams down the front of the chest. It's a very sleek and simple look.

The gloves (this is mostly just a taste thing I think), should probably be replaced with something that doesn't have that ribbed look to them.

Hem the bottom of the outfit, you don't want to trip and fall. :-)

after using my TB for over a year. I am finally starting my Nihilus. Well I think I got pretty lucky a fellow member of the 501st was selling his Nihilus and I just couldnt pass it up. He said he never submitted it for 501st approval but it looked really good. I am including a couple of pics of the costume he sent me. Any Ideas what I may need to do to it, to get it approved??? BTW this is a KOTOR version.

Guest Anonymous
Congrats on the purchase, I'd say that you've got a good base to work from, but the work isn't over.

Starting from the top:

Never thought it would be said, but the peaks to the sides of the head need to be bigger. They should flare outward enough to bring the rest of the cowl flowing down around the sides of the mask, but not over it. More body to the cowl is needed I think, and get rid of the pointy tip at the back end.

The cowl on the KOTOR Nihilus doesn't connect to the cape and doesn't have a knot of any kind.

THe cape for the KOTOR Nihilus should be attached to the shoulders of the top. (think more like how Superman's cape is)

Should be no seams down the front of the chest. It's a very sleek and simple look.

The gloves (this is mostly just a taste thing I think), should probably be replaced with something that doesn't have that ribbed look to them.

Hem the bottom of the outfit, you don't want to trip and fall. :-)

cool so its sounds like it should be just a few adjustments and a little bit of sewing. involved (fabritac here I come) Thanks...