• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Trouble with Revan's capelet

ladydeth999

Hello Sith Lords!

I am building Darth Revan with a friend - he is building our hard parts, and I am attempting to build the soft parts.  I have tackled the pleats and won, and we chose a fabric like the polyester used to make the hakama.

My biggest issue is his capelet and getting the right look with the shoulders.  I know the polyester I'm using will work better than the linen here in my test pattern, but the shoulders are a bit too squared, compared to the CRL for the 501st.  They are a bit exaggerated with tailor's chalk, also.  The Weeping Angel mask is perfect for showing how much light gets in, but my dress form is lacking a real head.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 

(link for easy browsing! - http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan)

SL_revan_full.jpg

post-2070-0-22019400-1486177459_thumb.jpg

post-2070-0-86236600-1486177461_thumb.jpg

post-2070-0-61067100-1486177463_thumb.jpg

post-2070-0-30181200-1486177465_thumb.jpg

post-2070-0-97255500-1486177466_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your assistance!

However, that triangular section is the dart I used to create the cup over the shoulder.  Do you know if there a pattern hidden somewhere?  Thus far, the capelet is flat piece with pleats across, darted at the shoulders.  The hood is only pinned on at this point.

Steph

The pleats are a very MyWickedArmor trait and are not necessary to the hood, just for clarification. You can see more references I posted here:  http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2105-additional-darth-revan-reference-photos/