• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Talon newbie!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello! I'm based in the UK and am working on my own Darth Talon. I'm a member of the UKG and my bf (who comes on these boards) Dave is currently working on a Cade. I have chosen to make mine from matte black rubber as it looks close to what the fabric should be (and it'll stick and not slip off me lol). I have found an amazing company that actually make flat army style rubber boots here in the UK. I'm working with a few companies to get tips on working with rubber to make the costume and another member of the garrison will be helping with the head piece and metal parts. I have also heard of a body paint someone has used which stays on unless a remover is used, I don't want to smoosh everywhere. I'm going for the whole body paint option with airbrush and stencils (its gonna take bloody ages to get ready!!). I'm working out at the gym to get more muscle on my arms and a little more toned as she looks pretty athletic. I'm doing a Lara Croft costume so I need the gym for both costumes lol

Below are some pics of the boots (only pic they had was of the leather version, the rubber are the same shape), a picture of me in someone's Leia bikini before I joined the garrison (I am planning to get my own accurate one soon :wink: ) and a picture of a paint test I did for the face.

FW76.jpg

leia_and_predator.jpg

boba_leia_and_vader.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

Guest Sakara

I think those boots are perfect!!!

The paint is Reel Creations..im sure Pam can tell you more about that stuff!

good to see you on here Heidi!

I have those face paint images on my computer! Somebody sent them to me a while back, and they were so pretty that I just had to save them! Beautiful!

Reel Creations is awesome. It's expensive, but it really stays put. I threw out almost all of the Ben Nye paint that I had left.... now that I've tried Reel Creations, I just can't bear to go back to the stuff that flakes and rubs off easily!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous
I think those boots are perfect!!!

The paint is Reel Creations..im sure Pam can tell you more about that stuff!

good to see you on here Heidi!

Thanx hun! Glad to finally start moving on this project lol

Guest Anonymous
I have those face paint images on my computer! Somebody sent them to me a while back, and they were so pretty that I just had to save them! Beautiful!

Reel Creations is awesome. It's expensive, but it really stays put. I threw out almost all of the Ben Nye paint that I had left.... now that I've tried Reel Creations, I just can't bear to go back to the stuff that flakes and rubs off easily!

Pam :-)

Oooo cool, do you need an airbrush kit to get a good effect?? I don't mind cost if I can wear it all day and do it right. Lol I didn't know my random pics taken on my phone got around the world! :oops:

For Gothiclysm's Maladi....we used a combination of sponge & airbrush, mostly airbrush though, at least for the broad application. We penciled & sponged the very small details around the eyes, forehead, and lip, but everything else was airbrush. This was Ben Nye....we'll be switching to Reel Creations too.

Guest Anonymous

Hello Heidi! I also saw your pics before, but on cosplay.com. I check back so often to see your progress so glad you'll be making some here now!

Guest Anonymous
Hello Heidi! I also saw your pics before, but on cosplay.com. I check back so often to see your progress so glad you'll be making some here now!

Awwe thanx :oops:.. Yeah, I have been out of it for a while. Been too busy with uni and stuff but I'm glad to finally get moving on this :D

Guest Anonymous
Pams awesome site about twileks has the run down on how to do the bodypaint.

http://chucrew.com/Twilek/Twilek.htm

Yep, silly me, just spotted that! Very cool... I'll need to get the paint before Steve Herd does the paint job on the head piece so he can match the colour lol. He's gonna be busy til July with something but everything else will take a while to do so I'm cool with that. He said he'd help with the metal parts too! :D

Guest Anonymous
Lol I didn't know my random pics taken on my phone got around the world! :oops:

:lol: Welcome to the internet! :mrgreen:

Stuff like that does freak me out sometimes lol :shock: