• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus Saber...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

I'm planning to start a new project and I was hoping to share and possibly get some feedback from y'all.

I have recently come into possesion of a Graflex photo flash. This is what was canabilized to make the original saber handles for the original SW movies back in the day!

Once you strip it down, it is really nothing more than a hollow silver tube with some detail work left over from it's original function.

My plan is two fold....

1. Use the imagery provided by the Elipse's photo gallery, to duplicate (or as close to it as possible) the KOTOR handle.

2. Retrofit a red blade from a dissected MR lightsaber.

I'm a little wobbly with electronics, but it will give me an excuse to learn something new. That and it will be a complete and thorough one-of-a-kind.

I will do my best to take photos as I progress and keep everyone up to speed. I hoping to work on this to have it done for the Pittsburg Toy Show/Steel City Con in October (We got Chuck Norris coming!!!!).f

Talk to you all soon!

Guest Anonymous

Lightsabers... funny... I've got a good place for you to go if you need help ;)

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php

I'm SHAAK Ti, a moderator there, and it's the best lightsaber related site I've found to date. Anything from Ultrasabers to custom to Master Replica/Hasbro sabers.

Hope to see ya there! And good luck on your project!

LadySythe

Guest Anonymous

Hi! I have an additional question on the Nihilus Saber. I am using the pic provided for the details but does anyone have a rough idea as to the length that the hilt should be? Once I have this measurement, the rest of the dimensions will fall into place. Thanx. :mrgreen:

that nihilus saber is ridiculously sexy. do you have any more info on that maker? what boards does he post on? screen names? i want a nihilus saber, i just don't want to jump in with both feet on another machinedfx.

*edit* wow i just noobishly necro-posted. i shall hang my head in shame for the rest of the day.

Guest Anonymous

I actually purchased the Nihilus Saber and it is of excellent construction. I got the LED with battle blade version. All machined aluminum construction. Very solid and sturdy.

My best recommendation for Saber Concepts. :mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

I ordered it on 1/9/2009 and had it on 2/14/2009 and that was with a small delay at the machine shop due to the machinist being ill. IF nto for that I would have had it in 3 weeks instead of 4.

Still fast in my opinion, either way. :mrgreen: