• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Working on my Revan

Kel Ardan

I've chosen Revan as my first 501st costume and just ordered the deluxe stuff from My Wicked Armor. I've been in The Rebel Legion as a Jedi for a few years but it's time to turn to the Dark Side. I've already got a Old Republic Saber in purple and I'll be picking up a Revan saber from Vaders Vault in red when it comes out. I've got one question, what boots are everyone wearing and I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to pick some up.

Thank you all for any suggestions.

Simple and black are the easiest way to go, no excessive ridges or treads, otherwise most work. Due to the hakama, the only visible parts are below the ankle, and if you wear pants over the outside of the boot nothing else gets seen anyway.

Vaders vault is an amazing saber smith. Very happy with their quality

Only thing i didnt like from their Revan line up was the pommel

The Wookipedia and Game reference have the pommel the same color / slightly darker than the hilt

Revan_saber.jpg

but Vader Vault pommel and Nocturn armoury / which is my saber maker has them black with silver squares

One of the things that has me excited for the Vader's Vault one is it's in thier combat class. That makes it much thinner them most everyone's sabers (my daughter's have a Havoc and a Fury) ams they are really great for twirling.

My MWA had shipped and I ordered my boots from Dark Knight Armory till I can get custom leather boots done, and I also got my Vader's Vault Rev-N saber. I have a question though, how long does it usually take to get approved once you've submitted your pics? I know the process is a little different from the standard 501st one.

• Like 1

My first suggestion is that if you plan on wearing this in the long run, pins will hold you back.  They're good to get set up with, but check out a thread like this one for assembly help:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/979-darth-brutes-revan-build-thread-finished/

There are other ways as well, but this should get you in the ballpark.   Please post pictures of where you're at in your assembly and we'll be able to investigate your trouble some more.