• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

How long can you guys last with the full costume on?

themacalu

I know environment is a big factor but assume you were inside a convention hall where climate is controlled, how long can you last in the full suit with mask on? I tried it on to get some photos for approval done and I did not expect to have such a hard time with the mask, balaclava, and the hood.

I can troop for hours in my TK (did 4+ hours straight) but I can't imagine lasting an hour in the Revan suit. Any tips on making it more bearable?

You need the full power of the dark side !!! power!! Passion!! emotion !!!

I can last all day and mine is 100% wool.

but drink loads of water the more you use it the more you get used to it.

and yes TK are easier than Revan.. people in my garrison didnt believe me till they carried my kit in the hanger. all is made of 100% uposltery wool so its very very heavy.

the set from MWA is loads lighter

I know Robert from MWA mentioned that some people put padding on the mask for their cheeks to help it sit right and also push the air downward more rather than up toward the visor. I only have fairly stiff padding on the top (forehead) and bottom (chin) but it keeps it comfortable. I've done a 5 hour set with taking the mask off once in the middle for a ton of water.

I know Robert from MWA mentioned that some people put padding on the mask for their cheeks to help it sit right and also push the air downward more rather than up toward the visor. I only have fairly stiff padding on the top (forehead) and bottom (chin) but it keeps it comfortable. I've done a 5 hour set with taking the mask off once in the middle for a ton of water.

Can you take a photo of the mask for reference? Thanks Krazach!