• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan concept build help?

larryluftwaffe

So I'm just starting out in the 501st and I'm hoping to finish my build here soon and get it 501st approved. I'm doing Darth Revan, and I was doing it for Comic Con coming up, but my friend encouraged me to join up with the 501st. Anyways I've based my build off of this Revan concept done for SWTOR:

VideoGameArt_SWTOR_DarthRevan02_LeeDevonald.jpg

I'm just wondering if this would qualify for 501st approval considering there are some small deviations from his cannon appearances in KOTR.

Welcome to the 501st Legion’s Expanded Universe Detachment, The Flagship Eclipse.

When considering 501st approvable characters, we look at Star Wars Villains and those who are otherwise aligned with the Empire. EU Canon Sith and Dark Side aligned characters are in this range.

The Sith character of Darth Revan ceases to exist after Star Wars: Knights of the Olde Republic.

revan.jpg

In canon terms, the redeemed Revan of Star Wars: The Olde Republic is considered a Jedi Hero.

revan.jpg

By definition, TOR Revan would be a Rebel Legion character. A costume based on TOR references for Revan would not qualify for 501st consideration. And that is OK. Wonderful costumes will still be made.

10531450_10202356542305436_3921117147549634683_o.jpg

TOR Revan by Tonia Antilla

The cross over is close enough that discussion of making such a costume is welcomed on The Flaghship Eclipse.

I also asked about Revan from the novel by Drew Karpyshyn and was given a no go on that as well. Specifically the apparent spaulders he has over the capelet. Reason being again he has been redeemed and is Jedi not Sith.

Flagship Eclipse XO has correctly pointed out that though the book Revan covering the transition from SW Knights of the Old Republic to SW The Old Republic establishes Revan as a Jedi Hero, his last acts in SW:TOR are as a villain.

Revan_Masked02.jpg

(Revan hood down, just before battle)

While I personally would like to study both Republic and Empire endings for a clear understanding of the EU canon story line, I believe the SW:TOR Revan build should be opened to consideration as a 501st costume.

The armoured shoulder art for the KOTOR Revan appears in more than just the book cover for of the same name.

TOR-Revan.jpg

¡Look at that crazy green-bladed Jedi Hero go!

It is also on the Gentle Giant bust product;

revanggc4.jpg

Note the product title;

DSCN15011.jpg

Consider the approval of the armoured Imperial Gunner. That is based upon the Hasbro 12" Action figure alone.

death%2Bstar%2Bgunner.jpg

532px-Gunner-potf.jpg

In light of historical precedent and additional supporting reference I would suggest that an armoured shoulder option for Darth Revan become an approvable configuration for the character in the 501st.

I have previously asked about the spaulder version of Revan to save time and fabric from making the capelet and was denied since during the novel Revan was Jedi not Sith.

In theory the spaulder version should be viable in the Rebel Legion but I never received a reply about this.