• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Finished Nihilus

mrcrimson

Hello everyone, SL/TC/CT 10203 here. A little about me, while I have trooped as a clone and Darth Maul (Maul is my favorite, here's a pic of me and my friend at Comikaze)IMG_20140607_065525.jpg I wanted a costume that was more mobile that the bulky restrictive armor of a clone, yet something that didn't require me to shave my head, plus 3 hours in a makeup chair. Upon seeing Darth Nihilus I fell in love with the character design and had to do it. I ordered 22 yards of silk noil, and did my best to follow Scott's instructions (first time sewing). Can't thank Scott enough. He was always there to answer questions I had along the way via Facebook. Here's my pics

nihilus015.jpg

nihilus017.jpg

nihilus016.jpg

nihilus010.jpg

nihilus013.jpg

Had a great time doing this costume and look forward to trooping in it soon. I ordered the nihilus saber on etsy on the 11th of last month, hoping go get it soon (listing said it could take up to four weeks to finish and ship.) Have a great weekend!

Thank you! Been trooping like crazy the past two weekends. I've noticed two things. 1. People have no idea who I am (my friend who does a Revan and I were called Boba Fett and Darth Maul). 2. Nihilus is absolutely terrifying to young children (three kids so far cried at the sight of Darth Nihilus.) Still, its a very fun costume and so much easier than Maul and a clone. Here's some pics from the past two weekends.

IMG_20140621_133655-1.jpg

IMG_20140621_133711.jpg

IMG_140304207840861.jpeg

IMG_140272180588666.jpeg

IMG_140935812851849.jpeg

IMG_140878243027627.jpeg

Yup, I make kids cry all the time, which I still feel a bit bad about. You kinda get used to it and can start to predict the kids you think will cry and learn to avoid them. Nihilus is a pretty creepy looking character, so it comes with the territory. Glad you have been able to get out to some troops!