• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lightsaber questions

Guest Ace

Hey all! New member to the board here although I've been reading all the posts for a little while now.

I just had some questions about revans lightsaber. Are we allowed to have pointed tip blades? I don't see anything saying you can't so I was just wondering.

And during events for the people that do have lightsabers here are a couple questions. Do you cover up your sound on the saber so that it's not blaring all day long? Do you activate the blade only during photos so that you save power or do you just bring your charger along with you?

Wahoooo I'm so exited to post some pictures up of my costume once it's all together!

Thank you! :)

You can do quick disconnects on the inside and unplug the speaker. I am sure there is a way to install a volume switch on a saber too.

Pointed tips on the blades has never been an issue. It is just a preference thing. Some troops that you will do will be without sabers and blasters, others will be no blasters but sabers allowed, and of course the BRING EVERYTHING troops.

You can do quick disconnects on the inside and unplug the speaker. I am sure there is a way to install a volume switch on a saber too.

sounds like a fiddle.

the petit crouton has a simple 'sound off' feature. you hold the aux button until you hear a beep then ignite the blade. it'll have light but no sound.

once you turn it off the next time you ignite it it'll have the sound re-enabled (unless you hold the aux button again of course)

no mess no fuss :)

i would imagine the CF boards would have the same feature (I just don't have experience with any other board to confirm that)

Speaking as someone who has done quite a bit of handling for her Garrison, most people that have lightsabers at our troops only turn them on when there are pictures being taken. Carrying around a fully-constructed lightsaber all the time is a bit of a hassle...so I'd say get something you can remove the blade from and just hang the hilt from your armor, keeping the blade (and battery, to save weight) in your bin until you want it.

Can't wait to see your build!

I'm a fan of the fact that when Revan wasn't wielding lightsabers, they weren't visible. Most troops I go sans-Sabers just for the ability to use both my hands. Also, I don't own a bladed saber yet, and it makes you feel a bit inferior when you troop with a Luke and a Vader who carry blades. So... I just go without.

That being said, I think it looks a lot nicer when you have a saber, so whichever you choose, you'll be fine.