• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starting my Acolyte

Guest Deimos

Guest Deimos

Hey guys,

Im starting to piece together my Acolyte.

At the moment I am only sourcing my mask (armour will come later) and purchasing my saber.

I am looking on Ultrasabers at the sabers and I am a little confused on which one I should buy. I have read the CRL in the making and it says it should be similar to the game, I have not played the games so I am unsure on what they look like. It also says that any sith saber would be approvable once the CRL is in place.

So I have a few I have looked at:

This saber is actually two and can join together to make one. Not approvable together, but separately could be?

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/so ... taffv3.htm

This saber is just cool. It has sith written all over it.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/so ... reaper.htm

As for the mask who do you guys recommend?

Guest 6925
Hey guys,

Im starting to piece together my Acolyte.

At the moment I am only sourcing my mask (armour will come later) and purchasing my saber.

I am looking on Ultrasabers at the sabers and I am a little confused on which one I should buy. I have read the CRL in the making and it says it should be similar to the game, I have not played the games so I am unsure on what they look like. It also says that any sith saber would be approvable once the CRL is in place.

So I have a few I have looked at:

This saber is actually two and can join together to make one. Not approvable together, but separately could be?

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/so ... taffv3.htm

This saber is just cool. It has sith written all over it.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/so ... reaper.htm

As for the mask who do you guys recommend?

Hi and ... great choice!

You are correct regarding the lightsaber. If you got some kind of custom made sith saber it would be ok.

The Aco-saber looks like this:

acolytesaber.jpg

I'm not sure if every Aco uses this kind but it seems like.

Maybe Lord Adraas got his own, but I have no information about that.

Regarding the mask:

It depends on what style you like, how much you want to spend and how fast you want it.

There are a few vendors (myself included).

You might should check the Aco-threads here and in 501st.com.

You will find a lot of information about the masks.

Everyone wearing the Sith Acolyte armor uses the exact same saber. The only difference between the "generic" acolytes and the Adraas was the paint job and he was the only one who really used any Force powers.

Guest Deimos

I do like the Adraas mask with the frill work and his would differently be the mask I would go for.

Im not really fussed on how long it takes, as long as I know :D (I am currently having problems with a boot maker >.<)

Sent you a PM mate.

Also it seems as though this sort of saber would be more acceptable than the others I linked.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/initiatev3.htm

It kinda has the same shape and look to it.

Guest Deimos

Hey guys,

My robes are being made next week and Im wondering if gaberdine is ok? I will be black of course.

The red strips will also be painted on so that it will, hopefully, give it a weathered look.

Guest Deimos

My mask arrived today which is just pure awesome.

1074061_10151805028094276_1928642178_o.jpg

The paint job was done by Benji (Member in my Garrison) and its fantastic.

The back of the helmet is a little too small, so I either leave it off and have some elastic strapping, or I find away to make the back larger.

It needs not only some length to it, but it needs some added to the front of it too.

I know it would be alot of work to make the back larger, but I really want to have the back on rather than just having the front.

Photoon16-07-13at334PM_zps5f9e43cb.jpg

Photoon16-07-13at336PM_zps7918616c.jpg

MammaSith (Member in my Garrison) is making my robes for me, Cant wait to get my hands on that :D

Im getting my saber from UltraSabers

And I'm still tossing up on my armour maker. I might go fibreglass or ABS not sure yet.

I also have the same mask from Slave1pilot, I could not get the back to fit on my head properly either. I decided to make a strapping system and just use the mask part of it. I've done three troops now in it and the temperature has well been in the high 80-90 and I'm kinda glad I just had the mask. With the balaclava, latex neck seal, heavy cloak, and mask on it was very warm. It was nice to be able to quickly lift the mask and get a drink of water. There is no room in there for fans like my TK bucket. The back of the helmet is nice but with your hood up you will never see it.

Guest Deimos
I also have the same mask from Slave1pilot, I could not get the back to fit on my head properly either. I decided to make a strapping system and just use the mask part of it. I've done three troops now in it and the temperature has well been in the high 80-90 and I'm kinda glad I just had the mask. With the balaclava, latex neck seal, heavy cloak, and mask on it was very warm. It was nice to be able to quickly lift the mask and get a drink of water. There is no room in there for fans like my TK bucket. The back of the helmet is nice but with your hood up you will never see it.

Yeah, I have decided that Im going to try and sculpt one my self and then cast from that for my head :D

I really would like to have the back on so I can have my hood down.

After wearing my Royal Guard at a good 50 troops now, I think im use to the heat even in the good ol Australian summers :P

Guest DaedraKaragatzu

The Aco-saber looks like this:

acolytesaber.jpg

Regarding the mask:

It depends on what style you like, how much you want to spend and how fast you want it.

There are a few vendors (myself included).

You might should check the Aco-threads here and in 501st.com.

You will find a lot of information about the masks.

So where exactly would you find this hilt? I have the Dark Prophecy http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/da ... y%20v3.htm from ultrasabers I was going to use.